A New Place

warning: mention of rape (not very detailed, but still there)

if any of you need someone to talk to, feel free to message me on here, I'll reply as soon as I can<3

I love you all🤍

———————————————————————

Kai's arm is still wrapped around me as I open my eyes. I can hear him snoring, so I don't even try to move.

I don't want to wake him up, and I honestly don't want to move right now.

I turn around, just barely wincing, so that I can look at his face.

He's beautiful.

I snuggle up closer to his chest, even though I don't think it's even possible to get any closer. I feel his arm wrap around my back, and his leg nudges mine apart to slot in between them. I tilt my head up.

"Did I wake you up?" I ask.

"No, angel, I've been awake." Kai replies, his voice raspy.

"Oh, okay." I mumble. Kai's hand travels to my thigh, and I immediately freeze. His fingertips are brushing right over the fading bruises.

"Do you want to tell me about these, baby?" Kai asks, nodding his head down towards the bruises.
I take in a deep breath, pulling back from Kai's chest and looking up at him.

"You don't have to if you don't want to. Only tell me if you're comfortable with it." Kai suddenly adds.

"I want to." I state.

"Are you sure?" Kai asks. "I don't want you to regret telling me anything."

"Yes, I'm sure," I reply. "And I would never regret telling you anything."

Kai nods in response, and I take it as a signal to start explaining what happened.

"Klaus and Brandon had left me and Jackson alone in one of the rooms because they had to go do something. Jackson said he was bored, I think? I can't remember, I'm sorry-" I apologize, but Kai cuts me off.

"Do not ever apologize for something like that, Elle. You forgot one tiny detail, so what? The only thing that matters is that you're safe and okay." He says, grabbing my chin in the process to make me look at him. I only nod, looking away when he lets go of my chin.

"Are you okay?" Kai asks when he sees me look down.

I can only shake my head before I feel his arms wrapping around me, pulling me to him. One of his hands cups the back of my head, smoothing over my hair.

"I have no idea what that feels like, and I never will. So I'm not going to tell you that you'll forget about it and everything will be okay right away because even I know that it won't be. And I don't know how to comfort you, so I need you to tell me, okay? Tell me how I can help you, Elle." Kai whispers the last part. His voice nearly breaks, almost as if it's physically hurting him to see me like this.

"Can you just hold me? I don't want to talk about how he- how he touched me. Maybe later if that's okay. I just need you to hold me." I reply.

"We only have to talk about it later if you feel comfortable talking about it. But until then, I will hold you for years if that will make you feel better." Kai states. A small chuckle leaves my mouth. I don't respond, though.

Kai just squeezes his arms tighter, giving me enough room to breathe as he quite literally wraps me around him. He takes my legs and wraps them around his waist the best he can considering we're still laying down. Then he puts my arms around his neck, nuzzling his face into my neck.