We're Starting Over

BRANDON'S POV

I watch as Elle's body drops to the floor. Klaus' fingers wrap around her heart, giving it a slight squeeze before dropping it to the ground. My mouth opens in surprise.

When I agreed to help Klaus, I didn't think this would happen. I agreed to do the spell not watch as my brother and his fiancé die.

My brother is dead.

I glare at Klaus. He has no emotion on his face except for a smirk.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, Klaus?" I raise my voice. He turns towards me.

"It needed to be done." He states. All I can feel is anger.

"When I agreed to help you, I didn't think you'd be killing my brother!" I yell. Klaus suddenly appears in front of me. My feet aren't touching the floor anymore, and his hand is around my neck.

"Don't yell at me." He growls. I nod just so he can let me go. He drops me to the ground.

"Well? What are you going to do now? You killed the one person who could help you. I can't do the spell by myself." I speak up. Klaus and Elijah start to walk away.

"You're not apart of this anymore. I suggest you leave before one of us kill you." Klaus replies with a smile. I stand and leave the way we came. I went through all of this for nothing.

I lost my brother for nothing.

ELLE'S POV

Is your head supposed to hurt this much when you're dead?

I had opened my eyes, and the bright sun blinded me for a few seconds. I sat up and barely recognized where I was. I had found a car that I hot wired. My head hurt like hell. And I was beginning to realize where I was. I didn't have a set destination at first, but when I figured out where I was, I decided to go to me and Kai's apartment.

I'm driving down backroads to avoid anyone or anything.

Is that how hell works? I'm not entirely sure considering I've never been dead.

Aren't you supposed to burn? Oh well.

So far, I haven't encountered anyone or anything.

I'm about two minutes away from our apartment. I think I'm going to take a long nap. That is what I need right now. This is too much to process.

I pull into the closest parking spot near our apartment. Shit. I don't have my key. Of course I don't have my key. I guess I could break in?

Okay, what the hell.

I'm supposed to be in hell, and this seems like the very opposite. I'm probably having a nightmare. Would this qualify as a nightmare? I mean I'm currently using my bobby-pin to unlock my front door. I grab the door knob to get a hold of it, but it opens.

Well, that was a waste of time.

I open the door, and everything is just how we left it. The books are on the table, and there's a blanket on the floor next to the couch. The only thing that is different is the light coming from the kitchen. We never left the lights on. I walk slowly towards the kitchen, wanting to be careful in case anyone is here. I stop. I'm in hell, it's not like I can die again. I walk into the kitchen, and it confirms that I am in fact in hell.

Because I see Kai standing there, with his back to me. He's cooking something. He turns towards the stove. He's making breakfast. I'm surprised to say the least. Is this a personal hell? No, I'm not that special.