It Might Be The End For Me

I open my eyes, realizing we made it back home. Bonnie brought the ascendant with her. We were back home, but we were in the empty spot in the woods.

"I swear if we ever go back there-" I cut myself off, shaking my head.

"Yeah, I don't want to keep saving your asses." Bonnie states, heading to her car that she brought with her.

"I mean we can always have one of you go back." I hear a voice come from behind us. We turn around to see the heretics standing and waiting for us.

"Kai, go to the car. With Bonnie. Please." I whisper.

"He's going back. Even if we have to go through you." Mary Louise argues. Three of the heretics run in different directions, Beau running towards Bonnie. I turn to look at her to make sure she's safe.

She has it handled.

Valerie stands in the back, looking upset again. She really looks sorry for us almost.

"I can't do this." She whispers. She speeds off. I see Nora roll her eyes.

"Wimp." She mutters. Nora and Marry Louise turn towards me and Kai.

Well, Nora runs towards Bonnie. I can tell Bonnie has it handled. Beau looks like he's in a headlock.

You can't piss off a Bennett witch.

Mary Louise says something that pins Kai to a tree. It sounds foreign. Not the familiar magic that me and Bonnie use. Kai nods at me, telling me to continue.

"Why don't you use your own strength?" I ask. I clench my hand into a fist, and I punch Mary Louise in the face. She slightly sinks down but immediately gets back up.

"Or we could just do this." She replies, standing there doing nothing. I look at her confused.

"Elle! Watch out!" I hear Bonnie and Kai yell in unison.

I let out a groan of pain when a knife pierces through my stomach. I fall to the ground. Nora and Mary Louise stand over me smiling.

"Bye, bye." They whisper, taking Beau as they speed off. I look over to see Bonnie and Kai running towards me. I gasp for air, pain traveling up to my chest. Kai sits next to me and moves my head onto his lap. Bonnie falls to her knees next to my head.

"Elle, you're fine, you'll be okay." He reassures, but I can see the pain in his eyes.

"We can do a spell can't we?" Bonnie asks, turning to look at Kai.

He quickly tries to chant a healing spell, but his eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"It's not working." He whispers. Bonnie lets out a cry, shaking her head. I hold onto Kai's hand, trying to keep breathing.

"I love you." I whisper, and his eyes widen a bit. I choke on the blood coming out of my mouth, everything becoming dark.

KAI'S POV

"I love you." She whispers, and I feel my eyes grow wide. But then her breathing stops, and I shake my head.

"Elle? No! Damn it!" I yell.

I look over to Bonnie who seems as if she's frozen. Her lip quivers as she reaches her hand out to push the hair out of Elle's face.

"W-we have to get her body back." Bonnie whispers. I nod, not being able to find the words to speak.

She looks so peaceful. And beautiful. A literal angel.

I pick her up gently, and Bonnie opens the backseat door for me, letting me gently place her on the seat. Bonnie shuts the door and looks at me, and I wrap my arms around her in a hug.