Chapter 4

Ary by ksmile1313
Chapter published on March 31st 2021

This chapter has some mature content that may be a trigger for some people. You will see this ~~~ at the beginning and end of the triggering part if you wish to skip it.

Natsu's POV

My body was floating. Everything around me was in complete darkness. All my senses were gone. No taste, smell, touch, sight and nothing to hear. It was like a void.

"Natsu," a voice whispered in the dark. "Natsu, give in." The voice felt cold and sent shivers down the length of my spine.

"Natsu!" A different voice came booming into my head. "Do not listen! Ignore the Desire!"

My eyes snapped open. I did not find myself at the guild hall or my house or even Lucy's house. No, I was still in the darkness. I could feel the cold snaking its way up my body. It whispered in my ear.

"Natsu, all you have to do is let go." The voice growled. What does it want? Why am I here? What's happening to me?

"Fire dragon roar!" Nothing. Not a single flame. I was powerless.

Something touched my foot. It moved my two feet together and wound its way up my body. I could the entity holding me down, making it's way around my throat and over my eyes. I couldn't move at all. Then heat. Heat that engulfed my body and caused the entity harm. Enough harm at least to make it release me.

"Back away Desire! You have no place here! Do not taint him!" The booming voice came back but this time it sounded familiar. From the amis of shadows something appeared.

"Igneel? Is that you? Dad?" I called out. The figure came closer and loomed over me.

"Hello, Natsu."

Lucy's POV

"Luce, please just run." Natsu said before his eyes rolled back into his head and he dropped to the floor.

"Natsu!" I cried out. What happened to him? Why does he want me to run? "Somebody help!" I called.

In a few seconds everyone was standing over us. Natsu was on the ground in a dire sweat and fever. I was kneeling down, holding his head.

"What happened here?" Master demanded.

"He just passed out, but not before telling me to run." I heard everyone gasp at my response.

"Let's get him to the medical bay. We will let him rest there." He got Erza and Gray to take him up there, along with a few others so that a magical barrier could be set up. We don't know what we are dealing with. I was going to join them and Natsu.

"Lucy wait!" Master grabbed my shoulder. "I think you should go home. Something is telling me that for whatever reason Natsu told you to run, you should listen. I'll have Levy and Gajeel walk you home."

I guess I have no other choice but to listen to the Master. I looked back at Natsu being carried away. I'm so worried about him.

"Come on Lu, let's get you home." Levy put her hand on my back. Levy, Gajeel and I headed for the door. As we left he guild we walked in silence. No one wanted to talk about what happened. It was Natsu's big birthday and he just passed out like that. It was terrible and everyone couldn't stop thinking about it.