Chapter 5

Art by unan_tyara
Chapter published on April 1st 2021

This chapter has some mature content that may be a trigger for some people. You will see this ~~~ at the beginning and end of the triggering part if you wish to skip it.

Erza's POV

It's been almost an hour and Levy and Gajeel aren't back yet. Im started to get very worried.

"Master I-" he cute me off.

"Go. I've been thinking the same thing for awhile now. Go and find them."

With that I sped out of the guild hall and ran as fast as I could towards Lucy's place.

About half way there I noticed a scuffed area in the street. Dust had been kicked up, scorched, skid marks and other magical remains were everywhere. It looked as if a fight had taken place.

I followed the marks into an alley, in the dark of the shadows there was a large lump. I started to walk towards it and my walk turned into a run when I realized the lump was moving in the slightest.

It was breathing, and the breathing was Gajeel. He had his arms wrapped around Levy.

"Gajeel are you ok?" His head moved slightly, he looked fairly injured. Levy appeared to still be out cold.

"Th- there was an ambush. They t-took Lucy and electrocuted me a-and Levy." So Lucy is gone and two strong Fairy Tail wizards are out like that? We must be dealing with some very powerful wizards.

"Save your breath Gajeel, can you walk?" He nodded. I picked up Levy and slung Gajeels arm around my neck.

We started the slow trek back to the guild.

Natsu's POV

"So you mean I'm going to look for a girlfriend?" Igneels jaw hung open.

"What? I- no Natsu it means the dragon instincts in you are looking for the right girl or "mate" for you to be with for the rest of your life. This woman will be the one to carry your children and who will love you no matter what. You may not know who it is but your body does. Your body knows exactly who you need. Some dragons search all over the world for the one their body yearns for, others only have to look to their left and that person is already there."

"What happens if your mate doesn't want to be with you?"

"If your mate doesn't want to be with you, your instincts, or Desire as I have been calling it, will take over and you will take your mate by force. If your mate dies you will live out the rest of your life aimlessly searching, never to find that love."

"Oh," I couldn't help but feel sad knowing that I could end up hurting someone or never finding love.

"There is something else you must know, Natsu. Your Desire will try to take over even if your mate has not rejected you. The Desire is strong and you must fight the urge to let it's lustful ways take over and engulf you."

"Is that what was calling to me before? The Desire?" I could still feels it's cold grip around my body.

"Yes that was the Desire. I didn't expect it to creep up on you so fast. It is much stronger than a imagined, this will be a hard battle for you."