Chapter 18

Chapter published on June 15th, 2021

Natsu's POV

Everything was set up perfectly. I had my blanket laid out, the food placed and looking delicious. And lastly I had the rock and the ring hidden in the basket I brought all the food over in. This was going to be perfect.

I had just finished dusting off some grass from the blanket and lighting the candles with a little fire magic when I saw Lucy's blonde hair coming over the hill. I was expecting her classing side ponytail and some cute little outfit but what I got left me speachless.

Over the hill came my blonde Lucy. She had a gorgeous pink dress on. Her hair was down and in small waves. She had a touch of dark lipstick on with a swipe of mascara, nothing too heavy. She looked amazing and I knew once I placed that ring on her finger she would look even more beautiful.

"Hey Natsu!" She called. I didn't even bother to say anything back as I started at her figure and face. She was perfect and I would claim her as all mine. Boy would the guild be surprised to see us coming back engaged and in love after going completely missing.

"Oh wow!" She gazebo down with her beautiful chocolate eyes. "Natsu, babe, this is amazing, I love it!" She came down and sat next to me on the blanket. "Mmm," she kissed me deeply, "and I love you." I blushed lightly and she rubbed my back.

"What's the special occasion?" She spoke and she ran her fingers along me cheek.

"Oh no reason, I just wanted to do something nice for you. How was your day though?" I wonder what she had been up to all day.

"Did a few jobs, made 2,000. Though I didn't have time to stop by the antique store to give that man the money."

"Oh that's alright Luce," I said. I didn't want to give away the fact that I had already gotten the rock. "We can go tomorrow and drop the money off. Tonight, let's focus on you and me." I took the cloth off the charcuterie board and revealed the spread I had prepared.

She looked down amazing at the different meats, cheeses, nuts, crackers and even a few grapes here and there.

For those of you who have never seen one before. Totally delicious, would recommend.

"Oh wow," Luce said amazed. I could tell she was salivating just looking at it. So many different options and flavours, she surly had no idea where to begin. She looked hesitant, probably not wanting to ruin my beautiful placement, so I went ahead and took one of the skewer forks and picked up some cheese. I grabbed a cracker and placed it on there along with some meat.

I plopped my creation in my mouth and munched happily. After seeing me eat, Luce dived right in. First she took a grape and popped it in her mouth, giving me an adorable smile. Then she grabbed a cracker and repeated the process I had done.

We had been eating happily, talking and chatting about anything and everything. I could tell Luce was having a lot of fun with this. That was the beauty of a charcuterie board, you could mix different flavours together and descover something new.

We were laughing, reminiscing about Fairy Tail and what we would do when we got back.

"I think I'm getting full." Luce stated as she shoved another cracker in her mouth.

"Well don't fill up too much," I warned her. "I still have a surprise for you." She smiled and placed her hand on my leg. The sun was slowly going down. We had at least an hour of sunlight left. It was a beautiful night to be out and this view was even more breath taking.