The meeting

Daisy Johnson POV

It took me 2 hours to calm the Avengers down, another hour to make sure they would not head for the Playground to do something stupid. In the end I had to use the ‘I’m your boss, so you have to listen to me’ to really get them to stay put. The call however was not extremely popular and Tony mention that it was a hit below the belt multiple times. Once Natasha had enough of his comments, she hit him over the head and he did not mention it again, I did whoever have a feeling that he would not forget it any time soon. Pepper made sure I had some type of food in my system when I finally decided to head back to the base once more. Coulson and May would be back soon, and it was just easier if I were on the base when they did.

Entering the base, a bad feeling was rushing through my body. It was quiet, to quiet and that did not mean anything good. Ever since Hunter had joined the team there were always some types of sound happening in the base and I had gotten used to by now, it was a safe feeling. But this silence was something that brought me back to what had happened when I had found Victoria Hand. Shaking my head in a try to push the memories away once more, I pulled out my gun and started to move down the corridor. I could soon hear hushed voices coming from the kitchen and I moved towards the door, the sight that greeted me however were something I had not expected.

The team of highly trained agents and brilliant minds were pushed up against one of the walls and in front of them was an orange tabby cat. Its eyes were kept on the team as a few of them tried to move away. “What is going on in here?” I asked, making everyone including the cat to look at me. “Johnson! Shoot that devil!” Hunter called out and I simply lift one eyebrow at this. Looking down at the cat once more, I could see that it was now walking towards me and I put away my gun once more. “It’s just a cat!” I pointed out and went down to my knees.

“I wouldn’t do that! That thing is a monster!” I could hear Trip point out and I just rolled my eyes. Holding out my hand, the cat put its head towards it, and I started to pet it. “Hello little one. How can they say something so cute is a monster?” I asked the cat in a soft voice and my eyes landed on something that glimmered around its neck. “You even have a name tag.” I pointed out, glancing up towards the agents once more. “What’s your name little one?” I asked, grabbing hold of the tag to read it. Seeing the name however, I let my head fall forward and I let out a heavy sigh in defeat before standing up.

Looking down at the cat with narrowed eyes once more. “Show me where he is!” I told the cat in a short tone and the cat started to walk towards the door I had come through. “If May and Coulson return before I do, tell them I’m away on a meeting with a friend of ours.” I told them before following the cat. “Daisy!” I could hear Fitz and Trip calling out, but I only ignored them. Following the cat, I was not all surprise that he managed to find his way through the base, not after what I had read about him from the toolbox that Fury had given me. We soon reached the hangar and my eyes landed on one Nick Fury standing right beside 1412 and I just shook my head.

“You know, this little thing has now scared every single one on the base.” I pointed out, nodding my head towards the cat. “I’m not surprise over that.” Fury answered as he looked at the cat that simply walked past him. “Since you are standing here, I have a feeling we are going for a road trip?” I asked and Fury only noded his head. “Cool, are you going to tell me where?” I asked as I opened the quinjet. “Once we are in the air.” Fury answered simply as he and the cat entered, and I rolled my eyes once more at this. “I see that your death hasn’t changed you all too much.” I commented before entering it myself. Heading for the pilot seat, I started the machine up and within a few minutes later we were away.

“You know, I just got back to the base and I’m already away once more.” I commented after a few minutes of silence and I could feel how Fury looked at me. “I made a quick visit to my team to see how they are holding up. Natasha was also on a meeting with the congress today so.” I answered the unasked question. “And how did that go?” Fury asked and I smiled at the memory of what I had seen. “You know Natasha, as good as ever.” I answered him. “Now, where are we heading?” I asked him, glancing over to take in the former director. “We are going to meet an old friend of mine. She is coming over for a visit.” Fury explained and I could not help but to fell a bit surprise over this.

“And I’m coming with you because?” I asked, having a feeling there had to be more to it all. “Well, you are the one in charge of the Avengers now. So, if something happens and I’m not around it will be easier for everyone if she knows who you are.” Fury answered and I shook my head. That did not really answer my question if anything it only gave me more. “Alright, just tell me where I need to land.” I told him with a heavy sigh, and I could see that Fury smiled a little before he started to add in the location into the quinjet. Following the route that had been planned out, I soon landed the quinjet in middle of an old farm. Looking through the window I could tell it was not Clint's farm at least.

Following after Fury, I took in the scene around me, and I could feel a calmness wash over me. The feeling was gone within seconds when a woman suddenly lands right in front of me and Fury. My eyes grew large when I realised who she was, I had read her file many times over. “Holly smoke, your Captain Marvel.” I blurred out before I had a chance to stop myself.