The Avengers

Daisy Johnson POV

“Really? That’s the name you decided to use on me?” Carol commented as her eyes landed on Fury, she was smiling. As for Fury who looked at me with a hint of anger in his eyes. “This is how you react...” Fury commented, and I rolled my eyes. “What did you expect?” I asked him, surprised over his reaction. “Considering the people, you call family, a more professional reaction.” He said making me roll my eyes at his comment. I crossed my arms and turned properly towards him. “Really? You bring me along to meet the woman that is behind the whole program, the woman that you even named it after, and you expect me to act professional?” I started. “And have you meet me and my family? Since when are we professional?”

A laugh could be heard from my right and I could not help but to smile in triumph over it.  “This is a feisty one.” Carol pointed out and I could see how Fury started to regret his decision all over again. “This is agent Daisy Johnson, also known as Quake.” Fury started to explain. “And the one now in charge of the Avengers program, which I’m also a part of.” I added, seeing that Fury had missed out on that information. “The Avengers program huh?” Carol asked, turning her eyes towards Fury. The grin she was wearing managed to pull an eyeroll from Fury. “Well, thanks to you we learned that we are not alone out there and since you left to help out others, I had to make sure we had our own powered up protection.”

His choice of words was not the best and from the look on Carol’s face it was clear she didn’t like the sound of it. “What he means is, we are a group of people that one way or another have abilities that can help out when the threats are more than just normal humans. Most of those abilities are just that the people are able to fight better than others.” I explained, feeling it best to somehow protect Fury from something that could end badly. “Then we have a few powered up people, Steve Rogers… well I think you have heard his story already…” I added, seeing the surprised look in Carols face I smiled.

“A couple of years ago S.H.I.E.L.D found the plane he crashed landed in and found him in ice, they managed to bring him back to life.” I explained and Carol nodded her head at this. “Then we have Dr Bruce Banner who can turn in to one big green raging beast when he is angry, we call that one Hulk. The origin on that one is quite simple, gamma radiation.” I continued. “Then we have the almighty Thor, the God of Thunder.” Seeing as to Fury was about to point something out about that I hold up a finger. “Even if you see him as another alien, there is still a lot of people out there who views him as a God and have done that for many years.” I pointed out for him.

“Then we have two master assassins and a man flying around in a metal suit and another man flying around with metal wings.” I finished up, feeling that I had managed to cover up everyone good enough without giving away too much. “And you? What about you?” Carol asked. “Apparently, there is Kree blood running through my veins.” There was this sudden change in both Carol and Fury at the mention of Kree, feeling that the question I had for that would have to wait for later I continued. “Many, many, many years ago, Kree descended on earth. They were trying to create a new race of weapons and thought that the still underdeveloped race of humans was the way to go. Their plan backfired on them when they couldn’t control the weapons, they had created so they left earth and let the weapons take care of themselves. Leaving behind a few of the technology that was needed to activate the weapons.” Taking in a deep breath, I could feel their eyes on me, and I could also feel my powers running through me.

“Why is this the first time I have heard about this?” Fury asked before I had a chance to continue, not that I had any idea of what else to say about it all. The memories of my time in that lab were still all too fresh on my mind and I would do anything to forget it all. Those, and all other bad memories. “My oh so lovely father talked about that part so many times when I was going through one test after another. He was really hopping I had what it took to go through the transection. I did, and you know very well what happened after that.” I told him. My eyes narrowed a bit as I spoke this. “The Kree still have a lot to pay for I see.” Carol commented and I looked towards her out of surprise, adding that question to the list that just kept adding up. “That is enough about me, what I would like to know is, what the deal is here. Because I read that vague report about what went down, and I know there is a lot more that you are keeping a secret.”

“Oh, that was a few fun days back on earth.” Carol commented with a small laughter. “AUNT CAROL!” A voice calls out before either of us had time to even to continue Carols comment. “Hey, lieutenant Trouble!” Carol answered, giving the woman who had come running towards us a big hug. “I’m still saying it’s not fair that you don’t really age like the rest of us!” Another voice commented, a second woman joined us. “It has it’s ups and downs.” Carol commented as an answer before hugging the second woman too. “Hi there, Nick it has been a long time.” The first woman then greets, and Nick narrows his eye. “We have been over this, it’s Fury.” He points out, missing to add in the anger in his voice. “Isn’t your mother Fury?” Carol spoke up, this action earned her one of Fury’s steers; a steer that seem to have no effect on her at all.

“Oh, come on Nic…” I started to tell him, only to have Fury turn around and point towards me. “Watch what you are saying agent.” He warns me but I just rolled my eyes, Fury already knew he had lost this fight; yet he tried to win. “Three things… Nick.” I started to tell him, a grin growing strong now. “First of, you are not my boss anymore. Second, technical you are dead and third…” I continued to tell him, seeing the other three ladies smile big at what is going on. “You have never complained when I have called you Nick before so why start now?” I finished.

“I like that one.” The second woman spoke up and my grin grow even bigger. “Remind me again why we are here.” I could hear Fury mumbled and I rolled my eyes. “Don’t ask me, you didn’t give me a proper answer when I asked.” I answered him before looking back at the two ladies in front of me. “S.H.I.E.L.D agent Daisy Johnson.” I then told them.