Hide and Seek

Daisy Johnson POV

"VIC! Where are you!" I called out, looking around myself as I walked down one of the many corridors that was Providence. It has been a week since we all got here, the Avengers had left two days later to take care the problems that had come with taking down both HYDRA and S.H.I.E.L.D. Even if it was only Natasha that would answer all the questions, Tony, Pepper, Bruce and Clint decided to go with her as support. I tried to go with them myself. However, that idea had been shoot down as quickly as I had pointed out my idea. Just the day after Coulson learned that criminals we had once put away had escaped. In the heat of the moment he had taken Fitz, Simmons and Trip with him to track down one powered individual that Coulson had taken down once before in a try to protect a civilian.

May had taken this as a chance to make contact with Maria, and do a secret mission on her own, even here I had tried to go with her. That try had been just as good as the Avenger try, so here I was. Stuck in a secret base with Victoria Hand and Eric Koenig, Eric was not really a problem. He kept himself to his own office and kept one eye on all of us. At all times. Victoria Hand on the other hand, it had been a little while since I saw or heard her, and I really needed someone to keep me company so that I would not do anything stupid. "Victoria Hand! Come on, where are you hiding!" I called out once more only to let out a deep sigh when there was no answer. "How can one Agent just go up in smoke like this." I mumbled to myself, turning the corner only to come to a sudden stop.

"No..." The word left my mouth before I realised what I was seeing. "No!" I called out in horror and I tried to move my body. However, my body would not listen to me and I could feel how my legs fails me and I fell to the floor. "No, no, no, no, no." I repeated over and over again, I tried to look away from the scene in front of me, but I could not. "Victoria? Victoria!" I called out. However, my voice was weak and cracking as I tried to speak. Where I got the power to move from, I don't know. However, I soon found myself crawling forwards. My hand was the first thing that hit the blood, something that made me freeze up once more. Lifting up the hand to take a closer look I could see how much I was shaking, something I had not realised before now. Seeing the blood dripping from my hand sent a jolt of old almost forgotten memories. Closing my eyes, I tried to push those horrid memories away and tried to focus on the horror that I was in right now.

Opening my eyes up once more I feel how tears were falling down my checks now, with the little will power I had left I started to move once more. Within a few seconds I found myself sitting in the puddle of blood that was coming from Victoria Hands lifeless body. Carefully, I took hold of Victoria's shoulder and turned her around and my breath got stuck in my throat. Grey eyes were looking back at me and there was no colour left in her skin, her body was still warm and the wound right above her heart was still leaking blood. Without thinking clearly, I tried to put pressure on the wound, hopping that there was a way to save her and I could hear how I was repeating her name over and over again. "Come on Victoria, you can't leave! Come on, wake up!" I told her, trying to keep my voice from breaking.

The reality soon hit me, moving my hands from the wound I fell over her body instead and I started to cry even harder. Somewhere in the distant a gun shoot could be heard, the echoing sound somehow managed to pull me back into the here and now. Suddenly glad for all the long hours of training with Natasha. It was then I saw it, Victoria Hands last message and I could feel how rage was consuming me. Standing up, I took one last look at Victoria and took a deep breath. Drying my tears, I ended up cover my face with Victoria's blood, not that it was something I cared about in this moment. "Don't worry Hand, this time I will make sure he won't be able to hurt or kill anyone else." I told her, turning around I started to walk away from the scene. My eyes narrowed, and I had only one thing on my mind.

Melinda May POV

Walking towards the secret entrance of Providence I could hear I wasn't the only one to return back in this moment. Right as I was, Coulson and the kids walked up beside me. "May?" Coulson asked in surprise and I just nod my head towards him. "What are you doing out here?" Coulson asked once more, apparently not happy with my silent answer. "I had a few unfinished things to take care of with Maria." I answered him, keeping the fact that I had been looking for something hidden for the time being. So far there had not being any side effects of the T.A.H.I.T.I protocol and if there would be, I would rather be prepared to handle it than anything else.

"How did your own mission go?" I asked him, changing the conversation back to him instead. "Audrey is safe once more." Coulson answered shortly, and I didn't push for more information, knowing fully well how personal that case had once been for him and how much it most hurt him this time. "Guys..." Trip suddenly said, making both me and Coulson to turn around to look at him. To my surprised he and FitzSimmons had stopped walking for some reason and all three of them were looking past me and Coulson.

Lifting one eyebrow at their odd behaviour I turned around to take a look on what they were watching at, seeing that Coulson did the same. My eyes soon landed on what they had been looking at and I could not help but to freeze up in my movement. "Stay close to us!" I told the kids, mostly aimed for Fitz and Simmons since I knew that Trip was able to take care of himself. Pulling out my gun I could hear that Coulson did the same thing, with a quick look towards him and with a nod of his head we started to slowly move towards the already open door. Entering the base, the silence around us was something that bothered me, and I speed up my walk, only to come to a sudden halt.

My eyes had landed on the blood poodle and Victoria that was laying in the middle of it. Feeling how my eyes grown big I lowered my gun and I could hear gaps coming from behind me, knowing that the others had reached me. "Is she?" Fitz asked in a shaky voice and I simply nod my head. Looking around myself, my eyes landed on something that was written in blood. "Ward!" I almost growled out, my eyes narrowed, and I quickly walked passed the dead agent and continued down the corridor. I could hear how Coulson was calling after me. However, I only ignored him. Reaching Eric's office, I could see that the door was open, something that never happened either. Entering the room, my eyes lands on a dead Eric that had fallen of his chair.

Ignoring him to, I walked over to his computer and pulled up the security cameras and did a play back. It didn't take long before I found what I was looking for and as I pressed play, I could hear how Coulson, Trip, Fitz and Simmons walked into the room. My eyes were on the screen and I saw How Ward was carrying what I hoped was an unconscious Daisy out from the base. "Oh no." I could hear both Fitz and Simmons say at the same time and I had to agree with them. This was not going to end well any time soon.