A little game played by two

Daisy Johnson POV

“Welcome back Miss Johnson.” Jarvis told me the moment I stepped out of the car. “Jarvis, how many times do I need to tell you just to call me Daisy?” I asked, finally managing to smile. The moment I had returned from Vault D I had headed for Coulson's office, dropping of the little information I had managed to get. For his own safety, it was a good thing Coulson had not been in the room when I got there.

After that I had taken the car and just drove off. I didn’t know where I was heading until I found myself in the underground garage of the Avengers Tower. “At least 5 more times.” Jarvis answered and I just shook my head. “It’s great to be home.” I than told him as I headed for the elevator. “Should I tell the others you are here?” Jarvis asked as the doors opened in front of me. “Nah, just take me to the level most of them are on.” I answered him, stepping into the elevator and saw the door come to a close.

Feeling the elevator moving, I closed my eyes in a try to get my mind right. I knew they would never complain about me for showing up without a warning, but with a world that is upside down a warning would have been for the best. “Exactly what are they doing Jarvis?” I asked, opening my eyes once more. “Mr Stark hacked into the meeting agent Romanoff is on at this moment.” Jarvis answered and I simply nodded my head at that.

As the elevator comes to a stop and the door opened, I could feel how my smile grow even more. The team was gathered around the large TV and I could see that someone, most likely Clint, had made popcorn for the occasion. Shaking my head, I left the elevator and walked over to them, deciding that leaning towards the wall was my spot this time. My eyes landed on the big screen, seeing how Natasha was handling the congress with a calm and collected cool. “All I’m saying, it would have been more fun if she acted angry.” Tony complains and I had a strong feeling he had been doing it since the start.

“And I’m saying it again, if anyone knows how to handle people like that it’s Nat.” Clint tells him of, throwing a popcorn on Tony in the progress. “Will you two stop that.” Steve complained and seeing the look Pepper sent the two of them they put a stop to the fighting, a fight I knew would be taken up later. Silence feel on the room as neither wanted to go against an order from Pepper. Keeping my eyes on the screen, I couldn’t help but to think out what to do with my friends. The meeting soon comes to an end and I could see how Tony quickly stretches for the remote to change the channel. “We all remember the plan?” Tony asked once he leans back once more.

I were about to answer no when the rest of them simply nodded their heads, shaking my head I leaned back once more. Before I had really figured out what had happened, I was playing a game against the rest of the team, a game to see how long it would take them to realise I was there.  I soon come to realize exactly what Tony’s idea had been, watch a movie and act as if they had not been watching Natasha’s meeting. Rolling my eyes, I leaned back properly towards the wall to get more comfortable, who knew how long this little game was going to last.

Hearing the elevator moving after what felt like eternity standing up, I turned my head to the side to see the door opens. Natasha steps out of the elevator, only to come to a stop when her eyes had landed on me first. “Daisy? What are doing here?” She asked, her question made the rest of the team turn around to look at me in surprise. “Daisy? When did you get here?” Clint asked, moving away from the couch to give me a hug. “Jarvis, when did I get here?” I asked, realising that I had not checked the time when arriving.

“You arrived 20 minutes into the agent Romanoff’s meeting, miss Johnson.” Jarvis answered and I rolled my eyes at his answer. “Four more times Miss.” He then added before I have a chance to point out him calling me miss again. “I really shouldn’t have given you that update.” I commented, more to myself then to system. “Well, how did I handle the meeting boss?” Natasha asked with a grin as she leans towards the wall beside me. “You did good, Stark here thought it would have been more fun if you had been angrier.” I pointed out, smiling big as I saw the look of betrayal on Tony’s face.

“Should have known better then to expect you guys not to watch that meeting.” Natasha pointed out with a shrug of her shoulder. “So, any special reason as to why you are here Daisy?” Pepper asked, getting to the point. “I went for a drive and before I knew it, I ended up here.” I answered with a shrug of my shoulders. I could see how the team were looking at one another and I lowered my head, I should know by know that there was no chance on lying to this group. “How about we grab something to drink for this one.” Pepper started to say, holding up one hand to stop whatever it is Tony was about to add.

“No alcohol.” She added and Tony looked sad, making me and the others laugh a little. “Something to drink would be good.” I answered and Pepper lead us all towards the kitchen, feeling someone hitting my shoulder I turned my head towards the side to see that Maria had showed up. “So, you played the game too?” I asked her and the former deputy director simply nodded her head. Linking my arm with her we continued to walk with the others, who still have not realised we were one more person. Reaching the kitchen, Pepper was already getting out everything that was needed at the same time as she tried to make sure Tony did not pull out something he should not.

“I got to say, for being a group of superheroes and spies you are really bad at realising when someone have joined you all.” Maria spoke up, making the group freeze up once more to look at us. “Okay, that is it!” Tony called out, crossing his arms in the progress. “We really need to put a cowbell or something on the two of you.” Clint added and I rolled my eyes at that comment. “I can’t understand how you can manage to hang around this group all day.” I point out, looking at Maria who smiles.

“Coming from the woman who used to live here for three months.” Maria commented before letting go of my arm. “So, why are we pulling out the no alcohol drinks?” Maria asked as she finally stepped into the kitchen. “Daisy is having problems and we are going to go over them now.” Natasha answered as she pulls me over to the kitchen island to sit down. “So, what is your problem?” Pepper asked, putting a cup of tea in front of me. Taking hold of the cup, I took a deep breath to make sure I was keeping calm.

“I just found out that May and Coulson have kept quiet about Vault D, and more specificity what was in Vault D. Former agent Grant Ward.” I started to explain, knowing fully well that it would be for the best to get things done fast. “HE IS WHAT!” We’re echoing through the building and the Avengers were quickly on their feet. “Sit down!” I told them, knowing that if I just let them go, they would head for the base and Vault D and make sure there isn’t much left of Ward.

“How did you find out about it?” Natasha asked, being the first one to somewhat calm down. “Coulson asked me to question the prisoner down in Vault D because no one had managed to get any information out of him.” I started to explain, trying hard to not remember what had happen down in the vault. “Once done I just left the few things I got in Coulson’s empty office, took one of the cars and got here.” I then continued. “He wasn’t in his office after asking you to do something like that?” Clint asked, his eyes were narrowed, and I just nodded my head.

“Coulson and May are keeping something else a secret from me, I had hoped that it had only been what was down in Vault D. Now I’m not so sure anymore.” I told him, my voice growing a bit weak as I spoke. I could see how the team were looking at one another from the corner of my eye once more. “How about we spar? So, you could let go of some steam.” Maria asked and I looked at her out of surprise. “Yeah that might help.” I answered, a little unsure as to why she was the one suggesting it. I got my answer to the question the moment I looked at the rest of the team. However, I quickly rose from the chair. I did not want to be in the room if they were going to call Coulson to give him a piece of their mind. “Come along Hill!” I called out, already halfway towards the kitchen door.