It runs in the family

Daisy Johnson POV

The smile wouldn’t die down, I was leaning back in the couch watching Daniel tormenting Hunter with the help from Trip. “Daisy! Will you keep your kid in line!” Hunter complained, shaking my head I leaned forward. “Dan, you know what to do.” I whispered out, with a small nod of his head Daniel disappeared from where he was standing only to reappear behind Hunters back with a NERF gun. Feeling the hits of the bullets on his head, Hunter turned around only to find the spot empty. Daniel was standing behind Hunter once more, firing off another round of bullets.

“Come on!” Hunter growls out as he throws his hands to the air, giving up the fight he started to walk out from the room, laughter from me, Trip and Daniel echoing after him. “Nice one kiddo! You really are starting to get a hang of this!” Trip told Daniel, holding out his hand for a five high. Daniel was smiling big as he gives Trip a high five before he walks over to sit down beside me. Rubbing his head, Daniel leaned towards me. “Finally getting tired?” I asked him and Daniel nodded his head at that.

“What is this I hear that Daniel is out of control?” Coulson asked, as he walked into the common room a few seconds later. “Oh, Hunter was the one who started it all.” Trip answered with a wave of his hand, sitting down himself in one of the chairs. “And it was a perfect moment to test out how well this little man can handle his powers.” I added into the explanation. “With a NERF gun I see.” Coulson comments, turning my smile into a grin. “It runs in the family.” I answered him, seeing a bit of confusion in his eyes.

“What runs in the family?” May asked as she entered the room, this time it was myself who ended up a bit surprise to see that Andrew was in fact following after her. “Using NERF guns on the people that goes on our nerves.” I then told her, a smile spreading on May’s face at that. I knew exactly what she was thinking of and I smiled big once more. “Do we want to know?” Coulson asked, his arms crossed at this and I laughed a little. “During our Christmas holiday, we may or may not have let NERF bullets rain over Tony.” I answered, holding my head high at this.

“Heavy Rain was the name of the operation if I remember correctly.” May added as she walked over to the small bar and I nod my head at that. “And you shoot Tony in between his eyes when he tried to attack me. I think that was the moment when the rest of the Avengers really accepted you into the family. Even if Natasha and Clint had already done it since day one back.” I continued, leaning back I could feel how both Daniel and Andrew were looking at me. Daniel’s eyes were large out of interest of hearing more when Andrews where all about the confusion over what was really happening in front of him.

“Alright, remind me not to get on either of your bad side!” Trip pointed out and I laughed at that. “So, Dr Garner? I didn’t know we had an appointment today.” I then added, looking over at Andrew. “We don’t, but I still need to talk too you.” Andrew answered me and I nod my head at that. “Dan, how about we chose a movie for tonight and get everything ready?” Trip asked, glancing over at him I gave him a smile and nodded as a thank you. “Can we ask Fitz to help?” Daniel asked and Trip nodded his head. “Of course!” He answered, smiling big, Daniel left my side and started to head for the doors. Trip shook his head and started to follow after him.

Once Trip was out of sight, my smile was gone and eyes narrowed as I looked at Andrew. “So?” I asked him, not really worry that Coulson and May were still in the room. They would find out sooner or later, at least like this they would have a little bit of saying in the matter. Andrew opened up the case he had with him, pulling up a few files before walking over to me to hand them over. Taking hold of them I leaned back in the couch once more as I started to look through them. “What is going on?” I could hear Coulson asking and I looked up from the file I was reading. “I’m trying to find a safe place where Daniel can have a somewhat normal childhood.” I answered him, at the answer I could see how Coulson looked over at May who seemed a little surprised over this.

“It’s to dangerous to have him here. We can’t keep things like this, sooner or later something big will happen and I do not want to have Daniel here when it happens. Dr Garner has helped me with finding some good candidates that could take him in.” I continued to explain, putting down the files on the table in front of me. Coulson and May walked over to have a proper look at the files. “These are…” Coulson started to speak and I just nod my head. “Former S.H.I.E.L.D agents that don’t want anything to do with the new S.H.I.E.L.D. A few of them have however agreed to help out to care for Daniel. Even if they are not agents anymore, they still need to move house every once in a while, they are the best type of people to keep my Daniel safe.” I finished, taking hold of one of the files to read it.

“Does he know?” May asked and I shook my head at this. “I haven’t figured out how to tell him yet.” I answered with a heavy sigh. May sat down beside me and took hold of the file I was holding onto and she opens it up herself. “Let’s find someone that we can trust properly before we come up with a way too tell Daniel that he will be relocated.” May told me and I nodded my head at that, seeing that even Coulson sat down now as he was going over the files. “Call me when you have found someone and I can fix up a meeting for you.” Andrew suddenly said, looking up at him, it was clear that he wasn’t feeling quite alright to be hanging around us at the moment and I nod my head.

“Thank you, Dr Garner, you have helped me out quite a lot.” I told him and Andrew nodded his head at this before he turned around and started to walk out from the room. Turning my attention back to the files once more I started to read through every single one of them, determination to find the best place for Daniel.