Things we do for family

Daisy Johnson POV

“YOUR WHAT!” In this moment it was hard to hear who had asked the question first, the only thing I did care about was the fact that Daniel was no longer in my arms. “Where did he go?” I then could hear May ask as I started to look around myself. My eyes soon landed on Daniel a few feet away, he was sitting in a corner. “Dan…” I started to speak, keeping a low and calm voice as I moved towards him and the young boy quickly looks up at me. Fear was shining in his eyes as and I could hear how something behind me exploded, the explosion made the young child pull himself closer towards the wall.  “What is going on!” I could hear Hunter comment before someone forced him to be quiet.

“Daniel, can I come over?” I asked, at my question Daniel just nod his head. Reaching his side, I pulled him towards me in a hug and I could feel how he froze up in my arms. “Shhh, you won’t hurt me.” I whispered into his ear as I slowly vibrated my body. Natasha had called the act purring when she had heard and seen me doing it the first time. Pushing that memory to the side for the time being I could feel how Daniel was slowly calming down in my arms and I let out a deep sigh of relief. “Dan, what do you say about going back to the lab with Fitz and continue the talk you two had earlier?” I asked him and Daniel nodded his head at that.

I could hear how Fitz was slowly moving towards us, moving a bit to the side and Fitz stopped beside me and hold out his hand towards Daniel. I could see that Daniel looked at the hand for a few seconds before he took it. I stood up and Daniel followed. “Thank you, Fitz.” I whispered to him as he took Daniel with him down the corridor. I looked after them, feeling a bit torn. “Daisy?” I could hear May saying behind my back and I turned around to see the group behind me. “I need a large cup coffee.” I told them before walking pass them into the kitchen. “Coffee is already done.” Tripp told me as I walked past him, and I gave him a small smile.

Getting myself some coffee, I made sure to have a large sip before taking a deep breath. “Alright, I guess you have a few questions.” I then told them. “A few?” Hunter asked only to be pushed away by the other. “An explanation would be very good.” Coulson then told me, and I nodded my head. “Well, you know that I headed out on a mission.” I started to explain only to hold up my hand when I could see that both Coulson and May were about to point out. “Don’t.” I told them before taking a deep breath. “He has powers, I’m not fully sure what they are properly but one thing I was sure. I couldn’t leave him at the orphanage.” I continued to explain, leaning back towards the table behind me.

“What I have managed to gather is that he can freeze people and blow things up. How he does it is still unknow and we really need to find a way to find out how to deal with this in a sensitive way. As you guys could see, he doesn’t react all to well with a high volume.” I finished, closing my eyes for a few seconds to try and collect myself. “I might know someone that can help.” Coulson was the first one to speak and I looked at him, a bit worry that he would suggest my team. Sure, they had had been able to help me, but I wasn’t all to sure how Daniel would react to them at the moment.

However, to my surprise I could see that Coulson was looking at May and she had crossed her arms, not looking all to happy. “You know it’s the only way.” Coulson carefully added and I could see that he was worried about her getting angrier than she already looked. “Fine. I’ll contact him. “May told him after a few minutes of silence and I could see that Coulson calmed down a little. “Who?” I couldn’t help but to ask. “Andrew Garner.” Coulson answered and I lift an eyebrow at that. “He used to work for S.H.I.E.L.D, he is a Psychiatrist and knows how to deal with people who has powers.” He then continued to say, and I nod my head at that, drinking the last of my coffee I put the cup down before following May.

“Where are you going?” Coulson called after me. “Making sure I can trust him with my kid!” I called back to him. Reaching May at the garage I entered the car before she had the chance to say anything. “What do you think you are doing?” May asked once she herself had entered the car. “I’m going to get my own opinion on this Dr Garner. I have never liked Psychiatrist and I’m going to make sure I can trust him before I even let him near Daniel.” I answered her shortly and my arms were crossed now. Seeing how May rolled her eyes she started the car and headed out from the base. “He is trustworthy.” May told me after a few minutes of silence and I looked over at her.

“We used to be married once.” She then added, and my eyes grow big at this. Both at the fact that May had been married and that she was actually telling me something about her past. “What happened…” I started to ask before growing silence. “Bahrain.” I then answered my own question and May nodded her head at that. “Alright, if you trust him I might do so too.” I then told her, dropping Bahrain for the time being. She had not pushed me when it comes to my demon so I shouldn’t be pushing on hers.

The rest of the ride was happening in silence, I kept my eyes on the road in front of me. Going over the few things I knew about Daniel and his powers and trying to figure out what would be the best for him in the long run. “We are here.” May broke the silence, pulling me back into the now. Looking around myself I realised we had ended up at a school and I let out a heavy sigh at this. “I think it’s best that I actually do the talking.” May told me, she had already left the car when I looked over at her and before I had a chance to answer her, she had closed the door and was off. “Oi!” I called out, knowing fully well that she couldn’t hear me.

Leaving the car, I started to look for her. The haunt didn’t last long, and my eyes soon lands on May and a man I guess was Andrew. Moving towards them, I could hear how May was in fact trying to get him to come back to the base. Without mentioning a kid with powers, this made me shake my head a little. “Melinda.” I could hear the man say, his voice was tired, and it was clear that he was split in the whole. “We need your help. You are the best one when it comes to analyse people with powers.” May pointed out at this. “I have left that behind me.” The man told her and his eyes landed on me as I walked towards them.

“Dr Garner I presume?” I asked and I could see how May froze up beside me and the man nodded his head at this. Moving my eyes from Andrew, I looked at May. “Not cool to leave me alone in the car like that.” I told her and I could see that she was rolling her eyes at that before I turned to look at Andrew once more. “It’s actually me who needs your help. Well… not really me but my son.” I then explained. Mentioning that he person who needed help was in fact a kid made Andrew’s eyes grow big and he looks towards May this time.

“We could just take him to your aunt and uncle.” May pointed out and this time it was my turn to roll my eyes. “You saw how Dan reacted when you all screamed. Do you really think he would be alright hanging around in that building? Besides, I think he really would like to get to know his grandparents more before meeting others.” I answered her, turning to look at the dark look May was sending me now, smiling big at this. “Excuse me, who are you?” I could hear Andrew ask and I looked towards him to see the surprise and curiosity in his eyes. “Daisy Johnson. S.H.I.E.L.D agent and recent mother to a kid who has powers.” I answered him, holding out my hand towards him.

“So, would you please help my son?” I asked him once he took my hand. Andrew was looking at me closely before looking over at May. “I will see what I can do.” He answered before looking back at me once more and I smiled at that. “Thank you.” I answered him.