Secrets

Nick Fury PoV

In that moment, there was nothing else I could do but feel slightly conflicted. Carol had no problem telling Daisy about everything that had happened when she returned to earth all those years ago, that included things he didn’t want the biggest blackmailer in the Avengers to have on him. Then there was the free and joyous laughter from Daisy, something I had not heard in a while, and I was quite sure none in her family had either. That was the part that won in this moment, I just had to have a long talk with Daisy on our way back about not telling anyone else about what is going down right now.

I might have been hiding since the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D; to the world I was a dead man after all, it didn’t mean that I would be keeping a close eye on my teams. Memories of Daisy falling to a certain death was still fresh in my mind after all. I had taken a large risk doing what I had done that evening, leaving a badly hurt Daisy in Darcy’s empty apartment; but in that moment it was the only option I could find. Providence was after all compromised, HYDRA is everywhere, and I knew the Avengers wouldn’t react well if I had shown up out of no where with a badly hurt Daisy. Darcy had been my only way out in that moment, knowing fully well that the young assistant would do the right thing.

“Wait, wait, wait! You’re telling me that the reason Fury lost his eye is because Goose scratched him?”

At the mention of my lost eye and the orange monster, I was pulled back to what was happening around me. Looking towards Daisy I started to get worried about the gleam in her eyes, the only other time I had seen it was when she had been planning a large pay back towards her team; well, mostly Stark.

“I can’t believe you, you told us that you lost your eye because you trusted the wrong person. I can’t believe that person was Goose.”

She added and I rolled my eye, this wasn’t going to be the last time I heard about this, and I could hear that Carol, Maria and Monica were having the time of their life about it all. There was nothing I could do about all of this; I just had to make sure to do a damage report later.

“A mistake I will never make again.”

I told the young Avenger, my eye travelled towards the sleeping Flerken and I could hear Daisy laugh once more. A phone soon started too ring and Daisy let out a heavy sigh and moved from the table, feeling eyes on me, I turned my attention back to the three ladies in front of me. All three showing the same grin and I just rolled my eye; Daisy wasn’t the only one that is going to make me remember a lot of old things for the time being. Daisy returned before either of them had a chance to ask any questions, I could however see that Carol wanted to talk before this day is over.

“Sorry for that, my mom just had to check up on me.”

Daisy explains once she sat down once more, and she rolled her eyes. Her voice had been dry, with a small hint of annoyance; I could however see that she was quite happy that her adopted mother had called to check up on her instead of sending out her team to find her.

“See, I’m not the only mother that is worried about her daughter.”

Maria commented and she looked at her own daughter who rolled her eyes.

“At least I hope your mother doesn’t send your aunts and uncles out to look for you for no reason?”

Daisy asked, leaning a bit towards Monica who was about to comment.

“They only sent out the rest of the Avengers when they know you need the help. You can’t really blame them; you have been kidnapped four times already.”

I comment and Daisy looked towards me with narrowed eyes, it being clear she wasn’t all to happy with me giving out information about her. In this moment it was only fair.

“Four times? Should we be worried?”

Maria asked, looking slightly worried and I could see that Daisy was trying to stay somewhat calm in all of this.

“I can take care of myself, it’s a good thing for me that I got my powers the first time I was kidnapped, which means it’s a bad thing for the people that do kidnap me.”

“That alongside the 14 destroyed houses.”

“Hey! Most of those houses were to test my powers, a test you put me through so you can’t count them!”

“I’m starting to get a bit curious about these powers of yours.”

At Carol’s comment, Daisy and I turned our attention back to the room we were in. It had been a while since we had fallen into an argument like that, the last few times Hill had to step in to put a stop to it.

“I guess I could demonstrate, but we need to do this outside.”

She told them, rising from her chair once more. She, Maria, and Monica took the lead to the front door. But seeing as Carol had not moved, I stay put.

“What’s the deal with the young leader here?”

Her voice was low as she spoke, and her eyes were slightly narrowed.

“The rest of the world thinks I’m dead if something where to happen and we need to call you in and I’m not there. I thought it would be good that you know the agent that oversees the Avengers.”

“Not what I meant.”

“She’s the adopted daughter of two S.H.I.E.L.D.S top agents, my old rookie being the father.”

“Coulson? I guess I can see it.”

“Agent Melinda May is her mother, Daisy have been through a lot. HYDRA has been trying to contain her more than once and they never seem to stop. Her birth father works for them, and he is the one that put her through the transformation that gave her the powers. It was the Avengers that rescued her the first time and they have helped her learn to control her powers and turn her into the agent she is now. It was Coulson and May that put her as the leader when S.H.I.E.L.D fell; knowing very well she is the only one that can keep her team in line if something was to happen.”

Carol nodded her head, she was in deep thought. She was however pulled out from it when the ground started to shake, looking up at me I just nodded my head towards the front door.

“You are missing out on her demonstrating her powers.”

I told the former flyer and Carol moves quickly to the door. One fire had been put out, now I just had to put out the one burning bright in Daisy. Because there is no way I will let anything she has learned today to end up in the hands of the world’s top assassins and a Stark.