Awakening

Daisy Johnson POV

“Hi there Fitz.” I said in a low voice, sitting down on the single chair beside the bed, I looked at the young agent that had turned into my brother in all the crazy things that had happened. Seeing him in his coma was hard, carefully I reached my hand out to take hold of his. “I really wish you were here Fitz, things are crazy around this place. Coulson is working around the clock to build up S.H.I.E.L.D. May is doing what she always does, make sure everyone is alright and safe. Trip is trying to make sure everyone is in a good mood and happy.” I told him, taking a deep breath.

“I don’t even know what Simmons is up to and new agents are showing up every other day.” I continued to say, my head lowered. Pulling out the small box that May had find beside me at Darcy's place and I played with it, thinking back at the information I had found within it. “How did things turn this bad so fast?” I asked him, wishing with all my heart I would get an answer from him. “You told me this was going to be a good year.” I told him, and I let my head fall forward. Hearing how someone was walking towards the room I quickly hide away the small box.

“There you are Daisy.” Trip said when he entered the room and I looked over my shoulder to look at him. “Where else would I be?” I asked him, lifting one eyebrow at the question. “Good point.” He answered, and I just rolled my eyes. “Coulson wants you in the common room, new agents just arrived.” He told me, and I turned my eyes towards Fitz once more. “Like I said, new agents are dropping in every other day.” I told him with an eyeroll and I could hear how Trip laughed a little behind me. “Tell the Director I will be there in a few minutes.” I told Trip, never taking my eyes of Fitz.

Hearing how Trip left the room I took a deep breath and leaned back in the chair. “Better get this over with then.” I told Fitz, with a last deep breath I rose up from the chair and started to walk towards the door. Glancing over my shoulder I looked at Fitz one last time before heading for the common room, as I got closer, I could hear voices and guessed that Coulson had started without me. Reaching the door, I could see how Coulson was standing with his back towards me while talking to the new agents. Carefully I entered the room and walked up to stand beside May who just nodded her head in a greeting. “And that is everyone, only one that is missing now is Agent Johnson.” Coulson finished to say, and I just rolled my eyes.

“Present Director Coulson.” I answered Coulson, seeing him jump a little. “Daisy, when did you enter the room?” Coulson asked, and I just shook my head at him. “A few minutes ago.” I answered him with a shrug of my shoulders. “Alright, Daisy. This is agents Isabelle Hartley and Alphonso Mackenzie. With them they have Idaho and Lance Hunter.” Coulson started to explain once more, he was nodding his head towards the people in order. “This is one of our special agents, Daisy Johnson.” Coulson then told the agents, and I simply nodded my head. Coulson was about to say something else when an alarm suddenly goes off, knowing the sound I could not help but to help but to freeze up.

“Fitz!” Simmons and I called out at the same time and a second later we were heading down the corridors towards the lab. Hearing how the others started to follow us I just ignored them, a little bit of surprised to see that Simmons somehow was faster than me in that moment. Reaching the lab, I was about to head for Fitz bed only to end up with a Simmons blocking the door opening. “Only staff with medical experience may enter!” Simmons called out, her eyes were however on me when she said it. “What!” Was the only thing I managed to get out in that moment, before I had a chance to walk past Simmons and enter the room, I could feel how someone was pulling me back.

The few agents that had proper medical experience entered the room along side with Simmons and the door was closed behind them all. Turning my head to the side, I could see that it had been May that had pulled me back. “Come on, we could use some tea.” May told me in a low voice and the only thing I could do was too nod my head. May pushed my body to the side and started to lead me towards the kitchen once more. “What is happening?” I could hear Mack asking, toning her and anyone else out I let May led me away. My mind was already on what would happen to Fitz in this moment.

Entering the kitchen, May, led me over to the table and sat me down on the chair before she walked over to start making the tea. The chair beside me was soon being pulled out and glancing towards the side I could see that Coulson sat down beside me. Turning my eyes back towards the table I took a deep breath in a try to collect myself. A cup was soon being put in front of me, without thinking I took hold of it and lift it to my lips. Carefully as to not burn myself I took a sip of the hot tea, closing my eyes I took a deep breath. Hearing footsteps coming towards us I moved my head to the side to see Trip enter the room, he simply gives us a nod of his head before he headed over to the couch and sat down.

“He is awake.” Simmons announced, her voice was weak. Turning quickly around I looked at her, neither of us had heard that she had entered the room. “However…” Simmons continued to say, it being clear that she would break down any minute. “However?” Coulson asked, looking down at the floor I tried to be ready for the worst.