The wake up

Daisy Johnson POV

“Mr J! Could you please turn that blasted alarm off!” I called out, slowly returning to the reality from the hazy sleep I had somehow ended up in. When there was no answer coming from Jarvis and the sound didn’t disappear, I let out a heavy sigh, slowly turning towards the side I stretched out my arm to turn off the alarm myself, only to end up waving in the empty air. Letting out a frustrated sigh I tried to open my eyes, happy that the lights were dimmed. Looking around myself I tried to locate where the sound was coming from. However, my eyes ended up locking themselves on the person that was laying the bed beside my own.

“F… Fitz?” I somehow managed to get out, surprised over the weakness within my own voice and how hard it was to get that word out. At first look it seemed as if Fitz was sleeping peacefully beside me, but at a closer look I could see how he was connected to one machine after another and I realised that the sound that I had heard was coming from those machines. “F… F…. Fitz…” I tried to call out once more, trying to move out of the bed so that I could get to him.

However, a hand on my shoulder made me stop in the movement and with pressure from the hand I was laying down on the bed again. “Be still, you are in no state too move.” Was the order I got, turning my head I could see how May was half standing over me. Her eyes had not their usual edge to them and revealed more emotions than May normally would. This sent an alarm off in my head, letting me know that something was wrong. Not that I hadn’t reached that conclusion since the moment I woke up. I tried to move again, but May was towering over me, preventing me from reaching my goal position.

The unsettling part was that the older agent didn’t even seem to put much effort into her attempt to keep me in bed. So, this either meant that she grew scientifically stronger than the last time that I saw her, or that I was much weaker. “Wha-“ I opened my mouth to speak, but suddenly my throat was extremely dry and instead I ended up soughing my lugs out. May, with her hand still on my shoulder as to not let me make any unnecessary movements, reached out and grabbed a glass of water. She carefully brought the straw to my lips. “Small seeps and try to drink it slow.” She repeated a handful of times as if it was a mantra. After her message seemed to reach my still hazed brain, I felt the coolness of water washing my hurting throat.

“What… happened?” I managed to ask in between breaths. Apparently just the effort of pushing against May was enough to tire me out. Looking around myself I could see that we were no longer at Providence. “Where are we?” I asked, looking over at May once more. “When did you guys return back anyway and why did we leave Providence?” I then added to the first question.

The confusion in May’s eyes put me of a bit and a worry was staring to grow inside of me. “We are at the Playground.” She started to say and I could not help but to lift one eyebrow at that. “The Playground?” I mumbled to myself in a low voice. “When I returned to the Providence, I did that alongside with Coulson, Trip, Fitz and Simmons. You on the other hand had already been taken away from there by Ward.” May then continued to explain, ignoring my mumbling.

“Ward?” I asked in confusion, I had no memories of him being anywhere near Providence. It had only been me, Eric and Hand at the base during that time. It was then memories of what had happened come crazing down on me, memories of Victoria Hand bathing in her own blood, finding Eric slumped over his chair and how blood was dripping down from the bullet wound in his head. The evil smile on Wards face right before he managed to shoot me with an ICER bullet. The memories I had tried to forget for so long resurfaced once more and the sound from the machines in the room suddenly turned into the sound of screaming and things breaking.
“Daisy!” May called out and I could feel how she pulled me close to her. However, I could not break free from what I was seeing once more. “I’m sorry.” I could hear how May said, it almost sounded like she was far away from me now. Before I had a chance to register what she had really said and what she could have meant by it everything turned dark around me.