Family growth

Daisy Johnson POV

Entering the base, I could not help but to smile down at Daniel, seeing how his eyes had grown big at it all. “Welcome to The Playground, the home and base of S.H.I.E.L.D.” I told him and Daniel looked up at me, the shock and excitement was shining bright in his eyes. “Come on, there is someone that you really should meet.” I told him, holding out my hand towards him. Daniel took my hand and I started to head for the lab. “Now there is one thing you should know. The one you are about to meet just woke up three weeks ago from a coma. He ended up in a traumatic accident and is suffering for it now. However, he is trying to do everything he can to get on his feet once more so you will need to be patient with him.” I told him and Daniel nodded his head at that, he pulled on a serious face at that and I could not help but to smile at that.

Entering the lab my eyes landed on Fitz directly and I smiled. “Good morning Fitz.” I told him, walking over towards him Daniel let go of my hand and ended up a few steps behind me. Fitz turned around in his chair and I could see a smile growing on his lips. “Your back.” He managed to get out and I nod my head at that. “Missed me that much?” I asked, giving him a grin. I could see that he was rolling his eyes at that. “However, I’m not alone.” I told him and this made Fitz froze up a little. “Wh… What do… do… you mean?” He asked and I took a step to the side so that Fitz could see Daniel. “Fitz, meet Daniel Turner.” I told him before looking down at Daniel.

“Daniel, this is one of my co-workers and brother Leo Fitz.” I told the young kid. Daniel and Fitz were looking at one another in a bit of surprise before looking back at me once more. “You ended up adopted a kid?” Fitz somehow managed to get out, taking his time. Looking down at Daniel I could not help but to smile a little. “Well, it looks like I did.” I answered before holding out my hand towards him. “Welcome to the family Daniel.” I told him and I could see how Fitz was shaking his head beside me. Daniel smiles up at me before he looks towards Fitz, or rather what he was working on. “What is that?” He asked, his eyes had grown big and he carefully took a step towards the table.

Fitz looked at Daniel carefully before looking at his work. Taking a deep breath, he started to explain what he was working on, stumbling over his own words as he did. Smiling, I leaned towards another desk just looking at them. Daniel kept calm and put all of his attention on Fitz as he was explaining his work. “Have May and Coulson returned back yet?” I asked Fitz after a few minutes, the only answer I got from him was a shake of his head. Rolling my own eyes, I sat down at the computer that was at the desk I had been leaning towards. Getting in to the security system I went through the security cameras to see where the rest of the agents where, finding most of them moving towards the kitchen to get some breakfast.

Leaning back in the chair, I glanced over to Fitz and Daniel only to smile big when I looked at them. Turning my head back to the screen once more I could see that someone entered the hangar and my smile turned into a grin when I saw that it was Coulson and May that have returned back from the mission they had been on. “Fitz, Daniel. Time to move!” I told the two as I rose up from the chair, feeling how the two of them were looking at me as if I was crazy, I rolled my eyes. “You two can continue later on. Beside you two will need to eat sooner or later.” I then told them, seeing that I have won this round when I mention the food. Moving out from the lab and headed for the kitchen, as we grow closer towards the destination I slowed down.

Hearing that Coulson and May were already in the kitchen talking to Izzy, Trip, Hunter and Idaho I signalled Fitz and Daniel to keep to the wall and stay there. Leaning towards the wall myself I listen to how Izzy tried to explain where I was and how neither Coulson nor May were taking the news that I was out on a mission by myself in a good way. “Where did she go!” I could hear May demanding and I rolled my eyes at it all. “We found a chatter about a kid with powers that lived at St Agnes Orphanage. She took the mission on herself when she found out about. Said that she was the only one that was most suited for the work at hand.” Izzy explained and I looked towards Fitz and Daniel once more. Signalling them to be quiet once more and that Fitz should stand beside me and Daniel behind me, I took my stand outside of the kitchen.

By now Coulson and May would be about to leave the kitchen to call the Avengers and start to look for me, something they will not have time to do. Hearing that Coulson and May were walking towards the door once more I started to move, Fitz and Daniel followed after my movement and we almost collided with Coulson and May in the door opening. “Wow, where are you two headed?” I asked, lifting one eyebrow as I looked at the two people that had become my parents. “Daisy? When did you get back?” I could hear Trip ask from the kitchen and I looked past May. “I have been on the base for a while now.” I answered him before I looked at Mat and Coulson. “Were you guys about to send out a missing person report or something?” I asked them.

Lifting one eyebrow at the question. “You know, I’m a grown woman. I can take care of myself.” I then added before anyone had a chance to answer. “Said the one who has been kidnapped three times.” May pointed out, her arms were crossed, and she lift one eyebrow. “Actually, four times.” Fitz added, turning my head towards him I narrowed my eyes.

“Hey! Whose side are you on?” I asked him, crossing my own arms in the progress. Opened my mouth a second time to add something to my own defence I could hear how someone was laughing. The laughter managed to pull a small smile and I just shook my head. “Oh, you think this is funny?” I asked, looking behind Fitz to see how Daniel tried to hide his laughter.

“Yes?!” Daniel managed to get out and I narrowed my eyes a little. “Oh, come here your traitor!” I told him before grabbing his arm and pulled him towards me in a hug. Feeling the eyes from the rest of the team, Daniel froze up a little in my arms and I looked up at them. “Alright then. Daniel, this is the rest of the agents that work here.” I told Daniel in a low voice before fully putting my energy on the others.

“This is Daniel Turner, my son.” I told them with a smile. “YOUR WHAT?”