Damage control

Daisy Johnson POV

”You got our number, call if you ever need help!”

Maria tells me as she pulls me into a tight hug in the progress, laughing slightly I nod my head and hugged her back.

“When I need another excellent pilot I will call, or when I need to get away from my parents.”

I told her, making Maria laugh this time as we let go. Monica was the next one in line for a hug. I had just met this people today, but they already felt like old friends; mostly due to the stories they have told me. So much golden history about one Nick Fury had seen the light of day. She knew very well that the moment they were up in the air; Fury would be making sure she swears not to tell anyone about the things she had just learned.

“Well then Daisy, it has been a pleasure to meet you.”

Monica had let go and Carol had stepped forwards, holding myself tall as the woman stands in front of me, I nod my head.

“It has truly been an honour.”

I answered and she could see a sly smile forming, knowing fully well what she was thinking about I gave her a small wink before turning around to look at Fury.

“Ready to take of Nick?”

I asked with a grin as the former Directors eye narrows at the mention of his first name. His eyes travels between me and Carol before he let’s out a heavy sigh.

“Worst mistake I have every done.”

I could hear me mumble. Opening my mouth to answer him back however made him hold up his hand. Anger and a clear warning showing in his eyes. With a simple shrug, I turned back to Carol; saluted her before lifting up Goose and entered the 1412 with Fury following. Putting down the Flerken once inside, I head over to the pilot seat and begins starting the plane up. Fury takes the seat beside me and soon we were in the sky.

“I do hope…”

“I will keep quite about the things I have heard today Fury, at least for now. But try and tempt me and I might let something slip.”

I answered before he was able to finish, my answer earned a glare from my former boss that I simply ignored. I knew deep down that he wasn’t all to angry with me; not really at least. He always seemed to have a problem with staying angry with me. Which may be the reason as why I was always able to get away with a lot of things. Turning my head around, eyes land on the tabby Flerken.

“What about Goose?”

“You can keep him; he has been hanging around me for far too long now.”

Fury answered and I started to smile, remembering the reaction half of my team had have when they had seen him. I couldn’t wait to introduce my new friend to the Avengers, probably during a day when Thor isn’t around. He might recognise Goose for what he really is and not just a normal orange tabby that I had picked up.

“At least wait until I’m gone before you start putting your new ideas into action.”

I had forgotten Fury was sitting beside me in that moment and I simply nod my head, I could wait a few minutes before going of scarring everyone. If I took Goose with me on mission, then maybe my family would let me go alone. Thinking that I knew they wouldn’t, it would take a big miracle for them to let me do a mission all on my own again. Just because I tend to get kidnapped. It isn’t really my fault.

“Now that I think about it. Just find a safe place to land and I will jump of there.”

Fury instructed and I rolled my eyes.

“As the boss man wish.”

I answered and started to look for a good landing spot. Lucky for him, there was one not to far away from the base, making it still quite close to what ever car he had used to get there in the first place.

“Daisy.”

“Yes, yes, I know. I will not tell!”

Rolling my eyes, I turned around in my chair to watch Fury leave. What surprised me however was the calm and slightly worried look in his eye. That was something I had not seen before and it was something I was quite sure no one else had either.

“I’m glad to see you are alright, make sure to keep out of too much trouble. I can’t always be there to save you when you decide to fall out of a plane.”

With those words, Fury turned around and walked down the ramp. Looking at the spot where he had been standing, I was at lost of words. Sure, I had always expected that it had been Fury that had saved me when I fell out of the BUS after Ward and Garret had kidnapped me. To have it confirmed in such away was not something I had expected. Closing the ramp a few minutes later, I turned round in the chair. It took me nearly 10 minutes to fully pull myself together before I could start the quinjet up again and fly to base.

A nice and quiet evening in my room was now needed, just so that I could go over everything that had happened this day. The moment I had parked 1412 and walked down the ramp, I could hear that it would take a long time before I could get some alone time. Feeling something moving against my legs however made me smile once more.

“Come on Goose, it’s time to meet the family.”

I told him and started to move towards the sound, Goose keeping up with me without a problem. Reaching the kitchen, I could see that the team was in yet another heated argument about something; May and Coulson standing to the side watching the others try and solve it on their own. Smiling, I looked down at Goose before nodding my head into the room. The Flerken understood what I meant and entered. Hunter was the first one to see him and with a high-pitched scream, the man jumps up on a chair and points toward Goose who now sat down on the floor in front of them all.

“IT’S THE DEMON!”

He calls out once he had stopped screaming like a girl and the effect on the other agents who had been around the first time, they had meet Goose were similar to Hunters; except for the screaming like a girl part. Oh, how I needed to remember that one for the next time he tries to start a fight with me. Deciding this was a perfect moment to enter the room I did, walking up to stand beside Goose, arms crossed as I looked at Hunter.

“Are you calling my cat a demon?”

I asked him, eyes narrowed, and Hunter nods his head.

“That thing is not a cat I tell ya! That is something else! Something extremely dangerous!”

Rolling my eyes, I turned my attention to May and Coulson. I could see that Coulson was watching Goose with interest and I remember that he had after all been there, he has meet Goose before. He did however believe it was a normal cat after all and I would make sure he kept on believing that for a while longer.

“Where did you get the cat?”

May asks, eyeing it carefully and I rolled my eyes. I should have known she would be suspicious about all of this.

“He’s a gift from Fury.”

I answered with a simple shrug of my shoulder, seeing both May and Coulson nod their heads at this. With shake on my own, I looked down at Goose.

“Come along, time to show you where you will be living. Maybe Hunter’s room.”

I told him as I turned, hearing how Hunter complains loudly as I left the room. Having Goose around really would make things a lot easier.