-2-

Sorry it's taking forever to update i have so much school work. I actually wrote this chapter during school so sorry if it sucks.

As i start walking up to Clarke and Finn, I can just hear the end of their conversation. "Mount Weather. There's a radiation soaked forest between us and our next meal. they dropped us on the wrong damn mountain". At those words I stop. Wrong mountain huh. Well this day just keeps getting better and better.

I turn my head towards Clarke to see Wells pushing a kid in goggles back. "Hey,hey,hey hands off him he's with us." is the first thing I hear when I walk over. "Well this is gonna be good", I murmur quietly. "Relax. We're just trying to figure out where we are." Wells says.

"We're on the ground. That not good enough for you?".

"This is going to be good.", I say as I walk up to Clarke. "We need to find Mount Weather. You heard my father's message. That has to be our first priority." Wells says.

That was probably just about the worst thing to say. Talking about the guy who locked us all up.

"Screw your father. What, you think you're in charge here, you and your little princess." The girl who I learned as Octavia says. "Do you think we care who's in charge. We need to get to Mount Weather not because the chancellor said so, but because the longer we wait, the hungrier we'll get and the harder this'll be." Clarke says.

Having no intention of listening to this I walk off. As I'm walking through the forest and I remember the dagger my dad put in my boot.

 As I'm walking through the forest and I remember the dagger my dad put in my boot

As soon as I pull the dagger out I immediately recognize it. My mothers dagger. My mother was never a violent person, but she did know how to protect herself. This dagger is the only thing she ever carried around. I smile looking down at it, before putting it back in my boot and walking back to camp.

-

"Sounds like a party. Make it 5" Octavia says. "Wait, wait, make it 6. I want to come." I say walking up to the group. As soon as I said that Clarke started saying she didn't want me to go because it was to unsafe. "Do any of you know how to defend yourselves?" I question. When no one answered I nodded my head and said "great, let's go".

I stop a few feet ahead and look back to hear them talking about their wristbands. "Guys. Come on, we don't have all day." I yell and continue to walk forward but this time with the group behind me.

-

"That my friend is game." I hear a boy named Jasper say to his friend Monty, as Finn puts a purple flower in Octavia's hair. "That my friend is poison sumac." states Monty. "what! It is?!" Octavia yells as she try's to get it out of her hair, the sight making me laugh. "Octavia there not gonna hurt you." I say as i'm still laughing. " The flowers aren't poisonous. They're medically calming actually." Monty says. "His family grows them on the ark." Jasper says after that.

"Hey guys would you try and keep up?" Clarke says to us. "Come on Clarkey lighten up a bit" I say to her.

"Come on Clarke how can you block all this out?" Finn asks.

"Cause Clarke doesn't like to have fun." I mumble making Octavia laugh.

"Well it's simple. I wonder why haven't we seen any animals? Maybe it's because there are none. Maybe because we've already been exposed to enough radiation to kill us. Sure is pretty though. Come on."

" Wow Clarke way to lighten the mood." I say and continue to walk forward.

-

"Ok i've got to know what you to did to get busted." Finn asks jasper and monty. "Sumac isn't the only herb in the garden if you know what I mean." monty answers. "Someone forgot to replace what we took." says jasper right after. "Someone has apologized like 1,000 times." Monty shoots back.

"What about you Nova?" Finn then turns to me. "Stole some rations." I tell him bluntly. "Octavia?" he says.
" Being born." She replies then jogs forward towards Clarke. "That is so not game." Monty says.

As we all go to squat down by Clarke she puts a finger to her lip telling us to be quite. She then points in front of us to show us a deer. We all look at each other smiling, and as Finn moves to go closer he steps on a twig. The deer turned to look at us and then we all jumped back and gasped. It had two heads. "Well then, isn't that exciting." I say as we all stand back up.

-

Somehow the conversation started where we were talking about the ark and why they sent us down. We didn't really know until Clarke informed us, " It wasn't a satellite. The ark is dying.".

"Way to let us down easy Clarke." I say.

"At the current population level, there's roughly 3 months left of life support, maybe 4 now that we're gone." Clarke finishes. "So that was the secret they locked you up to keep, why they kept you in solitary, floated you old man?" Finn questions. "My father was the engineer who discovered the flaw. He thought the people had a right to know. The council disagreed. My mother disagreed. They were afraid it would cause a panic. We were gonna go public, anyway, when Wells-".

"What, turned in your dad?" Finn questions. I look at the ground knowing the real reason her father was floated. I would tell her, but it's not my secret to tell. "Anyway, the guard showed up before we could. That's why today. That's why it was worth the risk. Even if we all die, at least they bought themselves more time." Clarke finish's.

"They're gonna kill more people, aren't they?" Monty asks. "Good. After what they did to me, I say, float them all." Octavia says. "Octavia some of us actually have people up there that we care that." I yell at her thinking of my dad. "You don't mean that." Jasper yells at Octavia as she walks away.

-

"Octavia what the hell are you doing?" Clarke shouts as she see's Octavia take off her clothes and jump into a river.

We all run over and Monty yells "Octavia, we can't swim.".

"I know, but we can stand."
"Wait. There's not supposed to be a river here." Clarke says. "Yeah but there is Clarke so come on." I say as I jump in with Octavia.

As Octavia and I are splashing each other we hear Jasper "Girls get out of the water". I look over to see something swim toward us. I push Octavia out of the water and just as I'm about to get out. It grabs me.

Ok so it won't let me respond to comments cause my email is already taken apparently🥲 but I promise I am reading them.