-9-

"This knife was made of metal from the drop ship." Clarke says inspecting the knife.

"What do you mean?" Jasper says.

"She means it wasn't the grounders." I tell him.

"Who else knows about this?" Bellamy asks us.

"No one. We brought it straight here." Octavia tells him.

"It was one of us." Clarke says adding on to what I said.

"So there's a murderer in the camp?" Jasper asks fearfully.

"There more than one murderer in this camp. This isn't news. We need to keep it quiet." Bellamy tells us all.

"Get out of my way Bellamy." Clarke says, as Bellamy stopped her from rushing out into the camp.

"Be smart about this. Look at what we've achieved- the wall, the patrols.
Like it or not, thinking that grounders killed Wells is good for us." Bellamy tells her.

"Oh, good for you, you mean. What- keep people afraid and they'll work for you? Is that it?" Clarke says to him.

"Yeah, that's it. But it's good for all of us. Fear of the grounders is building that wall." Bellamy tells her.

"Clarke it's a knife anyone could've used it." I say to her.

"Exactly what Nova said, what are you gonna do just walk out there and ask the killer to step forward? You don't even know who's knife that is." He tells her.

"Oh, really? J.M. John Murphy. The people have a right to know." Clarke says pushing past him.

"Clarke anyone could have used it." I scream after her trying to defend my friend.

"Well come on." I say to everyone chasing after her.

"You son of a Bitch!" She yells pushing Murphy.

"What's your problem?" Murphy asks her.

"Recognize this?" She asks him holding up his knife.

I could see the confusion flash through his eyes and I can immediately tell it wasn't him.

"It's my knife. Where'd you find it?" He asks her, generally confused, as he reaches to grab it.

Clarke then pulls it away and says "where you dropped it after you killed Wells." She says to him.

"Where I what?" He asks.

"Clarke he doesn't know. Look at him he's confused." I tell her trying to get her to stop.

"The grounders killed Wells, not me." He tells her.

"I know what you did, and your gonna pay for it." She tells him stepping closer.

"Really? Bellamy, you really believe this crap?" He asks looking over to where Bellamy and I are standing.

"You threaded to kill him. We all heard you." Clarke accuses him again.

"Clarke a bunch of people threatened him. Let it go, he didn't do it." I plead her.

"You hated Wells." Clarke keeps going, ignoring me.

"Plenty of people hated Wells. His father was the chancellor that locked us up." He tries defending himself.

"Yeah, but you're the only one who got in a knife fight with him." Clarke goes on.

"Enough, Clarke." I try to tell her.

"Yeah, I didn't kill him then, either." Murphy tells her.

"Tried to kill Jasper, too." Octavia says.