-8-

Life is hard, but death is harder. I woke up to find out that Wells had died. My best friend. Dead. At first I was shocked I didn't move, didn't blink, hell I don't even think I was breathing. Then came denial. "No." I said shaking my head to Bellamy.

"You're lying. Where is he." I said getting frantic and I started to look around.

"No- No!" I said quietly as my voice was breaking and tears starting to stain my eyes. Before I could even register what was happening I was hugging Bellamy. I was holding on like he would disappear. Like he was the only one left.

"How, why?" I question him.

"Grounders. He was on watch." Bellamy tells me.

"Oh, my god, Clarke. Where is she." I ask him quickly, as he just points right outside the wall.

When I walk over I see Clarke kneeling down by a grave. "Clarke." I rasp out trying to contain my tears.

She immediately shoots up and runs to me. We stand there hugging for awhile before I decide to speak. "Did he tell you?" I say.

"I kinda figured it out last night." She tells me. "He forgave me." She says again.

"Of course, he did. It's Wells." I say again with a small laugh.

"Are you gonna be ok?" I ask her, and she just nods her head and wipes her tears away.

"Us against the world right?" I ask her. "Always." She tells me back.

-

"Yes I did it. It's still operational." Monty says looking to Clarke.

"That was very impulsive." I say to Clarke.

"Monty needed a working wristband." Clarke tells me in reply. I knew Clarke was upset with her mother, but that's her mother. The only reason I haven't taken off my wristband is because my father. My fathers my best friend and I love him more than anything. I couldn't do that to him, but then again he didn't kill my mother.

"And you needed to punish your mother." Finn tells her.

"Exactly." I say.

"Look, they're running out of air, and we need their help. My mother thinking I'm dead is only temporary." Clarke tells Finn and I.

"Not if I can't patch through the drop ship mainframe. I can do it." Monty says to us.

"We'll be talking to the ark by nightfall." Monty concludes to us.

"Literal life saver, Monty." I tell him with a smile as Clarke and I exit the drop ship.

-

"Look we're already there. Just a few steps, ok?" Octavia says to Jasper as she and I try to get him to go outside the gate.

"One foot in front of the other." Octavia tells him.

"It's as simple as breathing. You got this." I say to him.

"Hey. What's wrong?" Octavia questions him seeing he won't leave the gates door.

"Hmm? Oh, nothing. I'm good." Jasper says back.

"Come on Jasper if there's any grounders I'll make sure it takes me and not you." I tell him.

"Jasper, it's been a week, ok? You been given a second chance. You gotta use it. AAH!" Octavia starts to say but gets cut off.

"Oh, shit. Octavia!" I say running to we're she was just pulled away.

"Hey, jerk! Get the hell out of here." Octavia yells at a camper who pretended to be a grounder.

"Do it again and I'll skin you alive and make you into a rug." I tell him, as he stumbles away.

"Jasper, come on. There's nothing to be afraid of." Octavia tells him, but then Jasper falls down.

"God, Jasper are you ok?" I ask him, but all he does is look straight ahead of him. I life my gaze to see what he was looking at, and then time stopped. Wells fingers. In front of us. With a knife. A knife made from drop ship metal.

Shorter chapter but the next one will be longer.