-17-

"My friends. This is an historic Unity day. Every year, we mark the moment our ancestors of the 12 stations joined to form the Ark, but this is the last time we do so while aboard her. Next year we will be celebrating on the ground." Jaha says through a monitor that Raven made.

I was faintly listening to him, I've never really cared about Unity Day, although it was my birthday, I've never really liked my birthday, why celebrate the fact that we're closer to death?

I was standing by Finn looking over the group when Clarke walks out the drop ship and stops next to me.

"Don't tell me you don't like unity day." She says looking at Finn as i smirk.

"Unity day is a lie. The ark only came together after the 13th station was blown out of the sky. Just not the version of history we like to tell each other at parties." Finn says.

"You do know it's also Nova's birthday." She says, as a flash of guilt crosses Finn.

"It's ok, I've never been one to like my birthday." I say looking to him.

"Well, the unity day story gives people hope, though and peace came out of all that violence." She says to Finn but then turns to me.

"You can't get out of this one star." She says as she pulls me into a tight hug.

"Clarkeyyyyyy." I whine.

"Happy 17th birthday." She whispers in my ear before letting me go.

As soon as Clarke let's me out of the hug I run over to Octavia.

"Did Clarke just wish you a happy birthday?" She asks.

"No." I say quickly.

"Oh my god. Why didn't you tell me?" She asks.

"Cause I don't really care." I tell her back.

"Whoo! Yeah! Monty strikes again! Hey! Hey! Call this batch unity juice! Who's thirsty?" Jasper says as he walks over to the group of campers with a big jug in his hands.

While everyone was busy getting some of the drink, Octavia and I saw this as a perfect time to leave.

-

While Octavia went to the cave, I went out into the woods. An area clear of trees, far enough from the grounder villages and our camp.

I was waiting in the center of the area, looking up at the stars, until I felt someone come up behind me.

I quickly turn and duck under the sword that Ajax swung at me.

"Getting better I see." He says to me.

"Yeah, or your just getting louder." I say with a smirk as he comes up and hugs me.

Ajax has been training me in sword fighting. Lincoln made me a costume sword with stars engraved in the handle.

"A little birdy told me it was your birthday." He says with a smirk.

"Ughhhhh." I groan, not wanting anyone else to know.

"I got you something." He says as he walks over to a tree and grabs something from behind it.

When he walks back over in his hands is a bow.

The bow is a light wood, almost white, with very detailed engraving all over it, mostly small vines and leafs', but there was also stars that were hidden all over the bow. The arrows were beautiful and sharp, the feathers at the end where white and gray. It was beautiful.

"Did you do this?" I ask as I took the bow in my hands, and let my fingers trace over the wood.

"Yeah. I've been working on it ever since you told me you wanted a bow, and when Octavia told me it was your birthday, I thought it would be a good time to give it to you." He said to me.

"Thank you, I don't even know what to say." I said, as I walked up and hugged him.

"Lincoln also wanted me to tell you happy birthday." He whispers to me.

"Well tell him thanks for the sword even though it wasn't a birthday gift." I say to him.

"Also one more thing." He says as he reaches into his pocket, and pulls something out.

I immediately recognized it. My moms dagger.

"About time." I huff out, as I slid it safely into my boot, as he just laughs.

"Well, let's see it then." He says motioning to hit something with the bow.

I quickly put the quiver on, which seemed to have a empty spot in it, but I didn't question.

I lifted the bow and aimed it at the tree, I took a deep breath and on exhale, I released.

The arrow moved quick soaring through the air, then landed right in the tree, where a human heart would be.

I turned back to see Ajax with a impressed look on his face.

"Impressive." He says to me.

"I know I am." I say back cockily.

-
We sat in the cleared area for awhile just talking and me shooting my arrows.

"Why is there a slit in my quiver?" I ask him, remembering the spot that was there.

"To put your sword in. Lincoln made it so your could carry both your arrows and your sword at the same time, he thought it would be easier." He tells me.

"God, I really have to thank him." I say, as I inspect the arrows.

As much fun as I was having I had to go. If I left the camp for to long people would grow suspicious.

"Okay, Jax, I'm gonna start heading towards camp." I tell him as I get up from my spot on the ground.

I took the sword out and handed it to him.

"Why are you only giving me the sword?" He questions. "Because I've been talking about making a bow, and I'm better at using it than a sword." I say to him, as he just sighs.

"Besides, now I have my dagger." I smile up at him.

But little did I know, as I was coming back to the camp, Finn was leaving.

So I've been really bad at updating, so sorry about that, but I can't wait for the next chapter. Anyways have a good night/day.