•10•

I am walking across campus right now after turning in my assignment to my professor. I texted Irina and asked where she is and she told me she is at the cafe on campus. It's funny to see her replying to my messages now, even if it takes her longer sometimes. But that's better than not at all I guess.

I approach the café and already see her two bodyguards standing by the fence, just looking around the area. As soon as Taehyung spots me, he glares at me, but I've already gotten used to it. I ignore him most of the time, even though he sometimes makes it hard for me with his constant staring.

Irina and I have spent most of the last three weeks together. When I say spent time together, I mean that we studied in the library and she sat next to me. It is an advantage that no one else sits next to her, so I always have a guaranteed free seat and can sit down without a long search. Her diligence and dedication to her studies somehow motivated me as well.

When you have someone studying next to you without talking or distracting you, you can concentrate better and so I also had the opportunity to spend time with her even if we didn't talk much. Her presence was enough for me and the thought of her studying in the library automatically dragged my feet there after class.

I would probably have to thank her that I managed to finish my assignment in time and I hope the result is better this time. I tried really hard and Irina cheered me up a few times when I was just about to despair and give up. It turns out that the tasks were not so difficult after all and that you can manage them well by overcoming a bit of laziness.

I won't get the result for about 10 days and that means exam preparation for me. I don't know yet if the result will be high enough, but I hope so because I want to finally graduate in two months. I should probably start thinking about my career after university.

I spot Irina sitting at a table in the corner after walking past Taehyung with a smirk. Running over to her, I put on a smile before plopping down in the chair in front of her, letting out a contented sigh. Her eyes find me and her eyebrows shoot up before she looks me up and down.

"You look happy," she states as she sets the cup of coffee down on the table.

"That's because I am," I explain, wondering if I should get something to drink as well. "I turned in my assignment, which I somehow managed to finish thanks to you."

She laughs. "Why thanks to me?"

"You know I'm lazy and if it wasn't for you I probably wouldn't have gotten my paper done in time due to my laziness," I say, a bit of teasing audible in my voice.

"You're so dramatic," she says. "If you owe it to anyone, it's yourself for doing this on your own. I may have just pushed you a little."

"Whatever you say, your highness." I bow my head jokingly and she shakes her head, waving me off with her hand.

We've been able to build a better bond between us over the past few weeks and I have to admit I like the way things are going between us right now. She has started making jokes, which shows that she feels comfortable next to me even if there are days when she is quiet and doesn't talk much.

Spending time in the library and also during lunch breaks, which I have been able to force her to join, has given me the opportunity to analyze her a little better and find out more about her. Not that she tells me things about herself on her own, but I think I'm just a good observer.

Even though my thoughts have taken me on partially inappropriate things, I have never made her feel uncomfortable and that is perhaps why she lets me get close to her. Maybe I'm one of the few who doesn't stare at her with prying eyes, except for those moments when I got lost in her eyes and her elegant movements.