•60•

Irina

I have never felt so strange in my life. I feel nothing, but at the same time, something gives me great pain. I can't see anything, everything is dark, but at the same time, it feels like someone is pointing a flashlight in my eye.

Where am I?

I feel like I'm shuffling somewhere between reality and fiction. Like my brain is trapped in an illusion and someone has taken control of my body.

In the far distance, it almost seems as if I hear something. I try to focus all my senses on it, but it takes so much strength. I already feel tired, even though I haven't done anything.

The voices seem familiar. One of them the most. It is husky and deep but laced with so much tenderness that it almost makes me melt. I want to listen to that voice for all eternity because it's the only thing keeping me from going crazy right now.

I can't open my eyes, no matter how hard I try, it's like they're glued together. I try to move my finger, but I fail. I want to cry because this is like a bad nightmare, but not even tears flow.

I feel like a child trapped in its dream and no matter how much I scream, no one hears it. I want someone to save me. I don't want to stay here, not knowing if I can ever go back.

Please. I don't want to stay in this darkness.

__________________

My skin tingles. Something cold brushes over it like a breeze and leaves a set of goosebumps. I can't process or guess what it is, but it bothers me and feels refreshing at the same time. I want to open my eyes, but the silence and relief I'm feeling right now won't let me.

I feel a touch so light and gentle that it's almost not there. Or maybe it just seems that way because my brain isn't really present. It strokes over my face, down to my neck, and further over my arms.

It's not fingers, it feels too woolly for that. Fingers would have been warm anyway, but this one is cold and a little wet somehow. I try so hard to figure it out, but it's like guessing between salt and sugar.

I'm sure I'm somewhere bright because under my eyelids I see red rather than completely black. Maybe it's daylight or maybe it's just an attempt by artificial lights to force this exact same effect so people don't have to linger in the darkness.

My pupils try desperately to find a slit to get just a small glimpse of the place and after what feels like an eternity I succeed. Light streams into my eyes and I have to blink so many times to get used to it that I feel tired again.

I want to groan because my limbs feel like they're heavy as rocks and I can't move them. I stare up at the ceiling, so white and so bare. My head is pounding and I scrunch up my face at the feeling.

I hear the slight sound of water dripping and then it feels wet and cold against my legs. It is a relief though, much more like giving water to a person who is dying of thirst.

I direct my eyes to where the sensation reaches along my thighs, down to my shins, and then my feet. First down one leg and then up the other.

His hair catches my eye first as I lift my eyes to see the person behind this good feeling. It's a little disheveled but so soft and curly that I want to run my fingers through it to find out how fluffy it is.

Ebony hair falls over his forehead and hides his eyes which I know are just as dark as his locks. But so much sweeter, sparkling, and full of life. When you stare into them, you can almost see the whole galaxy in them and they are so big and deep that they pull you in and take you to another dimension.