•16•

Once back in my dorm, I slowly close the door. It has recently started to squeak, which is getting on my nerves, and considering that it is just after 10 pm, my neighbors will not be happy when they hear the annoying noise.

I made a quick stop at a small twenty-four-hour grocery store around the corner so I could restock my snack cupboard. The study period right before exams has resulted in me devouring more of these unhealthy things than usual, but I don't care one bit because they are a good meal for in between.

I can't really say I've had time or energy to get anything done in the last few days because all the studying leaves me more tired in the evening than I would like. But I can't slack off now because it's only a few more weeks to get through so I can finally graduate.

Last week I accepted the offer for the internship program with Mr. Smith, to which he was happy. We discussed some information about the process and my duties there, but he didn't want to go into too much detail because after all, it's not yet determined if my exam score will be sufficient. But I'm positive about it, after all, I've been studying like an animal the last few days and would be extremely disappointed if it didn't work out.

However, I put the bag of snacks on the counter of the small kitchen and dig for the crackers that I have somehow become addicted to since I met Irina. We always munch on them at the library and since then they've been my go-to when I get hungry but don't feel like cooking.

I lay down on my bed and scroll through my phone while tossing two crackers in my mouth at a time. It's kind of weird following your friends through social media but not being able to be there. It'll be a few months before we see each other again though, but I'm already looking forward to our fun evenings spent outside laughing.

So far, no one but my mother knows that I have accepted the offer and I'm sure some will be disappointed when they hear that I'm not coming back yet. But I'm also sure that my friends will be proud of me when I tell them that I've become successful in at least something. Especially Seokjin, because he is the one who among my friends wants me the most to achieve something in life that is not exactly seducing women.

But since I met Irina, I don't do that anymore anyway.

I scroll through my contact list, now determined that I must finally tell my uncle the news. I don't have long until I have to look for a new apartment and I don't want him to expect my return while I actually have completely different plans. Clicking on his number, I bring the phone to my ear and wait for him to pick up.

"Oh, hello, what's my favorite nephew doing?" his voice sounds cheerfully on the other side of the line, which brings a playful smile right to my face.

"Lying in bed getting fat." I joke, hearing his deep voice break into a set of laughter.

"Great, then you and I can finally have a rolling competition." he laughs and I snort at the thought of having a big belly and maybe even a double chin. Terrifying.

Pushing the thoughts out of my head again as quickly as possible, since I like my muscles better, I fold my arm under my head. "How are you, Uncle?"

"I'm fine, we are having a little hassle at work, but nothing I can't handle," he explains and I hum in response. "How are you son?"

I love it when he calls me son because it always makes me feel special. Not growing up with a father, at least not the way I wanted, has always left me with an empty place inside that my uncle was very happy to fill. Things that a boy would normally tell his father, I always told my uncle and got advice from him.