Final

Irina

I finish my task of cutting the fruit into bite-size pieces and then put them in a large fruit bowl. It's not hard work, but I can't help but feel proud of myself for managing to cut the pieces into the same size. I know Jungkook would tease me about it if I hadn't been able to do it. Not mockingly but jokingly.

The chatter in our new kitchen is loud and cheerful, so I don't even notice how my cheeks slowly start to hurt from smiling so much. Music plays in the background and bodies sway from side to side as everyone does their own work.

Jungkook and I invited all our friends and family to a big barbecue today. We finally managed to finish decorating and renovating our first home together after weeks and wanted to celebrate. And what better way to celebrate than with the people who make you laugh and enjoy your happiness.

It was a tough job and I am so thankful that Jungkook painted the walls, grassed the garden and removed the old bathrooms, and installed new ones in such a short time. His friends helped him diligently and I got to use a paint roller for the first time in my life. And his friends are now not only his but also mine.

I had incredible fun even though I can't say I didn't create a mess with the wall paint. We ended up on the floor, faces full of paint and tears in our eyes from laughing so hard. I've never had so much fun in my life. But everything I do with Jungkook brings me joy.

I don't think there is a limit to this.

Sora sings loudly to the 90s music and Taehyung rolls his eyes at her, but amusement lingers on his lips as he tries to suppress his smile. The two don't live together yet, but I'm sure Taehyung is preparing to ask her at some point. I can see it in his eyes.

But I think he's waiting for Sora to finish her master's degree, which she started a few months ago. She will graduate in less than two years and then Taehyung will figure it's the perfect time. It's considerate of him to think of her in such a way because he knows Sora would be distracted, with both of them under the same roof. She probably wouldn't study at all.

I'm happy for them both and I hope they get what they deserve. Taehyung is a good man, though I know for a fact he doesn't think that of himself. I know him best and I want him to be happy.

I know how hard he is working to change for the better. He has started working in a company for a businessman as a bodyguard and driver. It's what he does best because he did that for me for years. He is trying to make up for his past with good actions and be a good partner for Sora. We are all trying to do that.

But the past is a distant memory anyway that none of us think about on a daily basis anymore. Of course, it is a part of us and we will never forget what we went through, but we don't let it define us. We are better than the things we had no power to change.

I smile at Taehyung as our eyes meet and he lowers his head as he laughs to himself. Sora has now positioned herself behind him, her back against his back, dancing to the music. I can see how much patience it's taking Taehyung because he's busy cutting the scallions Jungkook gave him as a task.

I hide my amusement and place the fruit bowl on a tray with the other finger foods we have already prepared. And just as I look up I see Jungkook coming out of the storage room with his hands full of beer and other soda cans that he is putting in the fridge.

He smiles at me as our eyes connect, but his eyes widen as Sora pushes him out of the way during her crazy dance. He stumbles a few steps and scolds her for it, but Sora, as always, never gets discouraged. She does it more to annoy him.