•13•

I'm standing in the backyard of a place where I'm not supposed to be. It's already close to midnight and I don't know how I got here in the first place, but I won't be able to go back. I stare at a balcony that I hope is the right one, because this house is almost a zip code in itself.

I nibble on my bottom lip, anxiety overtaking me, but I try as best I can to calm my racing heart. These feelings wash over me for the first time, though it's not the first time I've sneaked in to see someone. Maybe it's because she doesn't even know I'm here.

Lying in my bed and like the last few days thinking about her, which has become routine, was enough for me and I found myself on my bike, desperately trying to find the right address. It wasn't easy as I didn't drop her off right at her front door that day, but a few streets away. However, a bit of looking around allowed me to spot the familiar face of one of her bodyguards at the front gate.

A smile of victory settled on my face, but again, it wasn't easy to find a gap in the fence somewhere in the back garden, nor was it so easy to walk through the garden without being seen by someone or picked up by the security cameras. It wouldn't be me if I hadn't put on my courage anyway, which in the end helped me to be here now.

Standing outside Irina's place, right in front of her window, staring up at it in the hope that I can have a little glimpse into her room.

I hope she's not asleep yet and I hope even more that she doesn't think I'm a stalker or a creep, but I admit – I'm a bit desperate. But I couldn't stand thinking about her all the time anymore, not being able to have her in front of me and I hope she won't judge me for it.

Still considering it and probably waiting in the same spot for the last ten minutes, wondering if this is all even a good idea, the feeling of boldness overcomes me and I unpack my phone from my sweatpants. Here goes nothing. Tilting my head to the side, I open the chat with her that's already open because I read through it before I got here.

Me:
Are you still awake?

I look up from my phone to the window, which I hope is hers, to see some sign of movement. It's dark, but so are the other rooms on this wing. I didn't want to wait outside the other wing because there were too many lights on there, and there were also a couple of bodyguards outside who surely would have kicked me out after beating me up. The window I'm staring at lights up with a faint lamp and my message tone rings, immediately making me look at my display before letting out a reassured breath.

Irina:
Yes
Why?

Me:
Come to the window

I wait, after tucking my phone back into my pocket, for her to go to the window. A wide grin settles on my lips as I spot a shadow at the window in the light and the window slowly opens. Long hair dangles out as she looks down at me and her eyebrows shoot up in confusion.

"Jungkook?" she whispers-shouts down to me, peering across the garden to see if I'm caught or not. "What are you doing here?"

"Hi." I wave happily. "How are you?"

What kind of stupid question is that? It's like I drove all the way out here just to ask her that.

"I'm fine. But what are you doing here?" she asks again and I shrug. "What if someone sees you?"

I shrug again, not caring about such unnecessary things. I have achieved my goal and that was to see her beautiful face. But now that I'm standing down here and she's so close, yet so far, I have the urge to be even closer to her. It's as if an unknown voice or an invisible rope is pulling me towards her. I look around a bit and spot a large tree right next to the house, its branches reaching high into the air.