•35•

I climb down the stairs to meet Nikolai and the rest who will be at the dinner. Irina has already gone downstairs a few minutes ago, which I could hear from the clicking of her high heels emanating to the room next to hers, where I was hiding. I wanted to make sure that no one suspected and questioned anything therefore 10 minutes seemed very plausible to me.

Even though one or the other must have probably wondered what I had eaten the last few days to spend an eternity in the bathroom, no one really seems to care as I casually walk the last few steps down to the living room.

By now I know the entire house inside out. Every corner where I can meet Irina so that her soft lips can land on mine, even if it's only for a few seconds. I have to admit that the house, or rather the mansion, is very entertaining and you can discover something new every day.

I mean, you wouldn't even have to leave the property except for groceries, because the house provides you with everything you can think of. You wouldn't even have to leave for groceries because the employees take care of that anyway, as well as everything else.

Anyhow, I join the others in the living room, standing next to the other men while Nikolai and Irina are chatting about something. It's quite hard to keep my eyes off her because now in the light of the lamps I can see every detail of her and she looks much more beautiful than I saw in the faint luminosity upstairs.

I clear my throat as I clasp my hands in front of my body and I feel an enormous gaze on me that it feels like someone is boring their eyes into my head. And clearly enough, of course, there is none other than Taehyung standing next to me, daggering me with his eyes.

The brown behind a double and a monolid is so piercing that I raise my eyebrows, silently asking what his problem is now. He puffs out an aggressive breath and knowing full well where his saltiness is coming from, I just smirk and turn my eyes back to Irina.

I slide my tongue along my inner cheek, completely ignoring Taehyung's gaze and a cocky smile finds its way onto my lips. I don't want to say that we're both fighting over Irina or anything like that, because I'm certainly in a different league and Irina isn't a trophy or an object, but knowing that I won her gives me confidence that makes my chest puff out.

Anyone who has eyes in their head and pays a little attention to Taehyung's fleeting glances can clearly see that this guy has probably had other scenarios formed in his head for the longest time than just being a simple bodyguard. The only question now is whether Irina knows this and decides to ignore it, or if she's just clueless about her secret admirer.

"Jungkook." Nikolai turns to me, the laughter with his daughter about random things still present on his lips. "Didn't see you come in."

Luckily he didn't see me when I actually showed up here about an hour ago. He was in his office doing I don't know what when I decided to pay Irina a visit.

I smile at him as if I didn't make his daughter come on my tongue just a few minutes ago. "Ah yes, good evening sir."

He nods briefly and it strikes me what a good mood he is actually in. Not having seen his friend for a long time and now finally inviting him over for a good dinner must have triggered some kind of serotonin in him that I didn't know existed. I snicker under my breath, thinking how serious Nikolai usually is.

My eyes fall on Irina for a split second and I see her already looking at me with a sweet smile. Oh, how I wish we were alone now, to be able to live out the hidden feelings, to be able to tell each other freely like birds the three words that finally crossed our lips.