2.4K 138 25

"Hello Mr. and Mr. Payne! I'm happy to see you back here." Dr. Anderson greeted us with a kind smile.

"Hi." Niall smiled shyly.
"Glad to be back too. I can't believe we are having a second baby."

"Let's take a look shall we? How far along do you think you are Niall?" He asked next, as Niall laid down.

"Uhm I'm not sure... maybe two months?"

"I can work with that. Please pull up your shirt and then I'll put on the gel. You'll remember- it's pretty cold."

Niall nodded. Liam was holding his hand tightly, already looking at the screen.

"Here we go..." The doctor mumbled, and a picture started appearing on the screen.
As soon as the two men saw the picture, they started to smile. "Wow." Liam exclaimed.

"Two months seem about right, I would guess 2 months and a week. Even though the baby is pretty small- let me get a different view."

At those words, Nialls eyes went wide.
"Too small? I remember our first born being a bit small, but-"He muttered  nervously.

"Mr. Payne everything is okay. Stay calm. I'm just gonna look at it from a different point of view. It's still too early in your pregnancy and this is your first appointment." The Doctor said giving Niall a comforting smile. Liam leaned down as well, pressing a kiss below Nialls right ear.

"Oh my-" The doctor exclaimed, eyes wide.

Liams head snapped up. "WHAT? Is something wrong?" He asked, his voice sounding worried. Niall stayed quiet looking at the screen, trying to see what the doctor sees. But he obviously didn't really knew what was going on.

"I think- I think I know why your baby is on the smaller side. Unbelievable!"

"C'mon just tell us... please!" Liam pleaded. He felt helpless. And he didn't like it. He knew Niall was anxious and uncomfortable and the fact that he couldn't do anything about it was driving him insane.

"Well Mr Payne, it seems like you two are expecting twins. There are at least two babies visible at the moment." He explained and a loud "What?" left their lips. Two babies? Twins? Never.

"But- that's not- that can't be-"

"Twins don't run in either of our families! How is that even possible?" Liam interrupted Nialls stuttered words.

"It doesn't need to run in the family. The chance is always there, just extremely small, couples never think about the possibility of having more than one kid at once. But you two got lucky. That is also the reason why they are a bit smaller, simply because there are two and they have to share the space." Dr. Anderson explained. He tried to show Niall and Liam their babies on the screen and there were in fact two.

Well at least two of those white bubble-looking things. Liam had now idea what exactly he was looking at. But as he thought back to Eloise's first ultrasound he knew it looked a bit different. Did they really created two babies? At once? They will have two? That's unbelievable.

"We really will have t-twins..." Niall mumbled speechless. Liam nodded.
"You will bring two beautiful babies into this world love."