8 3

"Mr Horan, Mr Payne it's good to see you two again! How is everything going?" Dr. Anderson said, greeting the two who just came through the door.

"Hi, we are doing okay, Niall is a bit nervous." Liam replied for the both of them.

"Nervous? Just because of this appointment or in general?" He asked while Niall sat down, Liam still standing next to him.

"I guess because of this appointment... but I'm just always scared that something is wrong. I mean- I haven't even felt the baby move yet! Is that normal? What if-"

"Mr Horan, let's just start with the examination and see what's going on in there, alright?" Dr Anderson said smiling.

Liam nodded quickly and helped Niall to pull up his shirt. The younger one also needed to get a shot again, which he absolutely hated. But it helps Niall to stay healthy and it's also really important for the baby's health. Just some vitamins and things Niall couldn't even pronounce.

"So Mr Horan, let's take a look at how your little one is doing."

"Yes please. Can we find out the gender?" Niall asked while the Doctor applied cold gel on his stomach.

"Depends how it's laying in there."

Both nodded Liam still held Nialls hand, not wanting to let go.

After a few seconds a smile appeared on Doctor Anderson's face. There we have it, that's your baby." He said pointing at the screen.

"It looks so cute!" Were the first words that left Nialls mouth in a whisper.
It actually looked like a small human now, they were definitely amazed by how fast their little one was growing.

"The baby is a bit smaller than it's supposed to be, but so far we shouldn't be concerned about that... we just have to keep an eye on it."

Niall's face went pale, looking at Liam with a worried look on his face.

"Darling, he just said there is no reason to think that anything is wrong. Okay?" The older one mumbled pressing a kiss on his boyfriends lips.

"Mr Payne is right. It probably is nothing, especially because you're a man and male pregnancies are not as common as female ones. Let's get back to looking at your little one, alright? Because if I'm seeing correctly I can tell you two the gender today, of course only if you want to know." Dr Anderson explained.

"Really?" Nialls eyes went wide in excitement, they could find it out right now.

"Yeah do you want me to tell you?"

Before Niall could even open his mouth Liam replied a quick "no".

"But Li...!"

"No love, we wanna do a gender reveal party, remember? Just wait a few days longer, then it's even more worth waiting for." His boyfriend said and Niall rolled his eyes.

"So you don't want to know?"

"Correct. But we would like to have it written down on a small piece of paper." Liam answered once again.

"Okay, I can do that. Well- other then the size, your baby is healthy. Everything looks great. But before I go, Mr Horan, how are you? Is there anything big that is bordering you?" He asked interested.

Now Liam stayed quiet; he wanted Niall to talk for himself.

"I'm fine, a bit t-tired. Kinda more exhausted than normally. But the morning sickness is almost gone!" He exclaimed sounding happy.

"That's good to hear. And you say you're tired? How much do you sleep every night?" Dr Anderson asked, and Liam spoke up right away.

"I would say around 7 hours a night, I send him to bed early most of the times, so that he can get a bit more sleep, but he keeps waking up at night. He says his lower back is hurting."

Nialls face heated up quickly. He knew Liam notices when he wakes up at night, but he didn't think he would remember everything this clearly.

The doctor nodded. "Alright, back pain is completely normal during a pregnancy and there are lots of natural ways how you can work against it. First I would recommend to try out a specific tea from the pharmacy, I will show you two which one. Then it's obviously also really good to go on longer walks. Especially in the afternoon, to get Niall real tired. And then the most affective method of all is sex-"

"SEX?" Niall exclaimed loudly.
"I'm looking like a damn whale!" He added, and made pouty lips.

Liam pressed a kiss on his boyfriends lips right away. "You don't look like a whale baby, don't ever say that. You look so beautiful, you're glowing love." Liam whispered in his ear, which made Niall cry right away.

"I'm so damn emotional, oh fuck!" He mumbled, wiping his tears away. "We'll see about the sex... thing." He added quietly.

The doctor laughed.
"You two are a really good working couple, I'm sure you'll be great parents." He said while he packed his things together. "How many pictures do you want this time?"

Niall thought for a second. "Can we get- like 6? I want to put one on the fridge as well!" He explained with a smile.

"Of course." Dr Anderson chuckled.
"I'm gonna bring you the pictures and a paper with the gender in a few minutes, please just wait here."

"Alright." Both answered, while Niall was already getting rid of the cold gel on his tummy.

looong chapter 🤍