chapter 5

It's a week into the outbreak. While the lockdown has been effective in keeping the zombies in the city, the zombies have been gaining ground.   

This makes thing difficult for the defenders as they have a hard time replacing manpower. 

They had to go back to where they found the lab. Hopefully it would have a solution to this problem.

The team arrived and went through the lab. Finding almost nothing of use.  But then they ran into someone with a mask on.

Ru in Chinese: Freeze! Hands in the air!

?: It's quite rude to speak another language like that you know?  You assume I am fluent in Chinese.

Chris: Well then I'll tell you to freeze! 

?: I don't think I will.

The figure took off his jacket to reveal his arms were mixed with different animals. Some tiger, some gorilla.

The figure ran fast at them. Y/n cutted him off and punched him in the gut, sending him into a wall.  The figure jumped off the wall and punched Y/n, making him stumble backwards.    Y/n retaliated with a punch, the figure slid underneath him and slashed at his legs.

Y/n in head: Not cool bro.

Y/n grabbed the figure by the head and held him in front of him, the figure kicked his mask and it broke with the third kick. But when the figured looked at Y/n's face, he was terrified.

?: W-what are you?!

Y/n in head: You know what? That's a fair question.   But I don't actually have an answer for you. 

Y/n tossed him away. Ru looked at Y/n's face.

Ru: You have a lot of explaining to do!

Jill: I will. Later.

The three opened fire on the figure who dodged the bullets and  dashed for them.

Y/n shot a tendril at the figure, catching him by the leg.  Y/n pulled him towards him. Then picked him up by the head again.

Y/n in head: You took my mask off. Only fair I takes yours as well. 

Y/n went for the mask. But then the figure stabbed him in the eyes with his claws. 

Y/n in head: I can't see! And it hurts! :(

Y/n let go of him but he jumped onto Y/n's back, his claws deep into Y/n's eyes.    Y/n thrashed around trying to get him off.

Chris: Hold still Y/n!

Y/n didn't listen and slammed into a wall face first, he then stayed still.

Chris shot the figure in the back. The figure jumped off of Y/n  and regenerated, making the wound invisible now.

Chris: This got a bit harder.   

The figure charged for Chris. But Ru shot at the figure and managed to hit it in the chest.  This caused the figure to fall down. The figure sprung up and jumped into a vent. 

Ru: Damn!

Jill went up to Y/n who couldn't see. 

Ru: Okay. Explain.

Jill: Y/n is a bioweapon. He was made to hunt down members of my old unit. But he decided to be my friend instead. 

Ru: *sigh* I wish I would have known about this sooner.  But you did give us a hig hand. Once we get out of here. I know a shop that sold masks, we should be able to find one there.  Until then  he should stay here. 

Jill: I'll stay with him.  Just in case the bastard comes back.  

Chris and Ru leave. 

Y/n sits down against the wall. Jill sits next to him.

Jill: I never thanked you for saving me in the sewers.  I also never thanked for saving me in Raccoon city.  *sigh* I guess I ain't the greatest at saying thank you.   So I'm saying it now. Thanks, for everything.

Y/n in head: No problem. I like making my own decisions.  Even though I still have that message ingrained in my head to kill you. I would never do that.

Eventually Chris and Ru came back. Then they got another mask for Y/n. 

Jill: Did we learn anything?

Ru: Only that we wasted time. 

Y/n was following the sounds of their footsteps. But found himself walking into a pole. 

Y/n in head: I think there is something in my way. And I can't seem to walk through it.

Jill grabbed Y/n's hand and led him around the pole.

Y/n in head: Thank you whoever that was. Still can't see.

Jill: Come on Y/n. I'll lead you the rest of the way.

Y/n listend and followed Jill.    They made it back to the station. 

Ru: Looks like most of the flying ones are dead. Good.  That means we can get air support and finally be done with this mess.

Chris: We'll look more into the virus afterwards.

Ru: You have my thanks. This would be a mess without you three.

Jill: It's what we signed up for.