chapter 9

It has been about a month since Jill and Y/n found the birthplace of the A-virus. The ai found there was transferred to Bsaa. The ai fitted in well. Helping with tech support and digital organization.  

It has also put psychological profiles on all agents and can decipher their secrets.

This will be useful in a way nobody could guess. 

Y/n has found his feelings problematic. He has no way to express anything and this causes stress.  He's become more reclusive. 

This worries his friends. 

Jill is in her room. Cleaning her weapons, she gets an idea.

Jill: Ai, are you there?

The ai speaks through the speaker in her room.

Ai: How may I help you miss Valentine?

Jill: Do you have any idea what is wrong with Y/n.

Ai:  Psychically Y/n is okay.  But I believe his mental state is deteriorating. 

Jill: Do you have any idea why?

Ai: I have deduced that you're the reason why.

Jill: Excuse me?! 

Ai: Forgive me. Let me explain. Y/n seems to have developed what you humans call love for you.  I have been watching his body language around you and have come to this conclusion.   The issue is the fact that Y/n has zero ways of communicating his feelings towards you.  This causes stress, far beyond the standard human stress of confessing love for a love interest.    I recommend that even if you don't feel the same, you communicate this to Y/n so he can move on. 

Jill: Thank you for you're help ai. 

Ai: You're welcome miss Valentine.

Jill sat at her desk and put her hands on her head.

Jill: *sigh* Nothing is ever easy is it? 

Jill twirled a pencil in her hand as she thought about her next move.  

She made her decision and put the pencil down. 

She walked out of her room with determination.   After walking around and finding Y/n nowhere. There was only one place left for Y/n to be. 

She went to his room. Jill paused for a second. Then opened the door. 

Y/n was surprised.

Jill: Stay.

Y/n sat down on his bed. 

Jill: *takes a deep breath* Listen Y/n. You've been distant with everyone. And I know why.  

Y/n in head: She figured it out?! Uh oh.

Jill: I thought about it for a while.   There was a lot to think about.  And I came to a decision.  

Jill went up to Y/n and hugged him. Y/n hugged back.

Jill: Let's give it a shot and see where it goes.

Y/n was happy about this outcome. This went better than he thought it would.

The next week something came up.  The apexes have been kidnapping people. They've been tracked down to a facility in Siberia.   

Bsaa would send in strike teams to  destroy the facility and rescue survivors. 

The strike teams got into helicopters and flew to  the location of the base.   

Chris on coms: Alright everyone. When we land we clear the facility room by room.  Get any survivors out of the facility and into a helicopter.   

The helicopters landed.  Jill and Y/n had two squad mates.  Baker and Angelo. 

The teams went into the same entrance, then split off.  

Baker: Thank god I got on the team with the big guy.

Angelo: Shut it Baker.

Jill:He's got a good point.  If shit hits the fan, stick close. 

They cleared the facility room by room. 

Angelo opened a door. But got pulled into the room.

Baker: Angelo!

Baker tried to open the door but it was locked.

Jill: Shit! Y/n, get that door open!

Y/n walked to the door and punched through it and pulled it apart.   The team quickly entered.  Spider apexes were wrapping Angelo in webbing. 

Y/n shoulder bashed them away and grabbed the wrapped up Angelo.  Jill and Baker opened fire. The spiders scrambled onto the walls but met their ends from bullets.

Y/n tore Angelo out of the webbing.

Angelo: Holy shit. Thanks man.

Y/n helped Angelo onto his feet.

The team continued on their way. Clearing room by room.

Chris on radio: Radio check, all teams report in.

Jill: Team 3 reporting in, no casualties. 

The teams reported in one by one.  Some had a casualtie or two. But the operation was still going strong.

The team made it to a holding cell area.

Jill: Let's get these cells open.

Baker: On it!

Baker went up to a control panel and opened all the cells. Only one of them had a person in it.  A woman.   

The team ran up to her.

Jill: Are you okay?

?: Yes I'm fine. Thank you.

She looked at Y/n and froze.

Jill: Oh shit. Don't be afraid of him. His name is Y/n. He's with us.

?: Mikael?

Jill and Y/n's eyes went wide.

?: Is it really you? *tears up*

Jill: What's you're name?

?:  Alina. *wipes tears* 

Y/n in head: I was human once then. 

Jill: Are you sure Y/n is Mikael?

Alina: I know my brother's eyes.  By god, what did they do to you?  

Alina walked up to Y/n and looked up at him.

Alina: I thought you were gone forever Mikael.  My little brother. You've finally come home.  

Alina began to cry and hugged Y/n. Y/n patted her back lightly. 

Jill: Alina. Where is everyone else that's supposed to be in the cells.

Alina wiped her tears away and faced Jill.

Alina: They took them away to be injected with the virus. They saved me for last thankfully. 

Jill: We'll save everyone we can. I promise. 

Alina: Mikael. Please come home.  Everyone needs to see that you're alive.

Y/n nodded.

Jill: Baker, Angelo. Get Alina to a helicopter. Then meet back with us.

Baker: Roger that.

The two escorted Alina away.

Jill: You got you're answer Y/n.

Y/n nodded.

Jill: Let's do this.

They continued on their way.