chapter 7

It's been a month since the mission at the city.    Things are going okay.  Nothing new is happening that isn't solved in a day or two.  But soon Y/n would have a question of his own.

Y/n was reading classic tales. He wanted to at least know something everyone knows. Old kids tales. Like beauty and the beast.

The story however made Y/n question something. Was he human once?  He doesn't remember being human. But he doesn't remember much before Raccoon city. 

But he was happy he at least knew all the kid stories now. Now he wasn't the only person who knew nothing about them.

Jill walked into his room.

Jill: Hey Y/n. I was wondering if you could help me with something.

Y/n held up a book with a human picture. Y/n pointed at himself.

Jill wondered what he was getting at for a moment. Then understood.

Jill: You're wondering if you were human once aren't you?

Y/n nodded.

Jill: I was wondering that myself actually.  Don't worry. I'll figure it out.   But I still need you're help.   

Y/n followed Jill. She needed him to reach something she wasn't tall enough to get. 

Y/n got the object for her. She then went into her room. She opened up some old files of missing people that were potentially abducted by Umbrella.

She took the obvious ones out first, any females were eliminated instantly.  

Jill in head: If he was human once. He could be any of these people. If he had hair, I could eliminate hair color.  

Chris knocked on the door.

Jill: It's open.

Chris walked in.

Chris: You busy?

Jill: Sort of.  

Chris: What you working on.

Jill: Trying to figure who Y/n really is.

Chris: What do you mean?

Jill: I'm wondering if Y/n was human once. So does he.

Chris: Any leads?

Jill: No. He could be any single one of these guys.

Chris: We did raid a few of the facilities. Maybe you should check the reports. We put the names of anyone we find into the full report.

Jill: Thanks Chris. 

Chris: No problem. 

Jill: What did you need?

Chris: Don't worry about it.  I got it.

Jill: You sure?

Chris: Help the big guy. He saved our asses.

Chris closed the door and left.

Jill went and got the reports from the raids. It helped her cross some names off the list. But there were still quite a few. 

Y/n was having a different crisis on his hands.  He felt himself having human emotions. And not the mean kind, and not the friendly kind.  But the romantic kind.

He found himself slamming his head against a wall repeatedly for it. He didn't know how it happened, it just happened.     

Y/n in head: I didn't even know I had those kind of feelings in me. Maybe I was human once.  I'll worry about that part later. Important bit first.  

He looked on his bookshelf for anything that might help him. He found a cook book for beginners.  It had very basic recipes on it.

Y/n in head: Sounds like a good idea.

Y/n went on a little shopping trip. He basically broke into a store at night at got all the ingredients he needed.  The next morning he went into the kitchen on the base and started with some simple eggs. 

He tried to crack and egg into the pan. But he went too hard and the egg exploded everywhere.

Y/n in head: Dangit. 

The next attempt he managed to find the right amount of force.  He got the egg in the pan perfectly. He was quite happy now.

He spent the rest of the day making food, and eating it all.  He completely forgot why he was doing it. But did it anyway.

Once he was done, he remembered why he was learning how to cook.

Y/n in head: Oh yeah. I forgot I was doing it to impress Jill. Hmm.  I think I got that down though. Good thing no one came into the kitchen today for some reason.  Or maybe they saw me and got scared.  Also a potential answer.  

He went back to his bookshelf for anything else that might give him a hand in this situation. 

He found a book about fixing things. He decided that trying to fix something might be a bad idea for him.  So he went on to the next thing.

It was a bodybuilding book.

Y/n in head: Who the hell thought I needed this one?

Y/n took the book and put it in the trash.    He looked through his bookshelf and found  various books with dating advice. He read through them. They all gave similar information.    Which Y/n found useful. 

But Y/n's struggles don't end here. He still has quite the ride ahead of him.