𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

✧˖*°࿐ prologue!

✧˖*°࿐ prologue!

𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐄 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐌𝐈𝐗𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄. Many saw living upon this earth as a gift one should be forever grateful to have received ─ some sacred offering bestowed upon you from the heavens. But sometimes, to Selene, life was like a gift that she did not ask for, nor did she want.

One thing Selene did accept with great gratitude was the support she had received from her parents and Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. To say being a werewolf was hard, would be a serious understatement, that one can only make if one is a werewolf. First-hand experience is the only way that one will truly understand the horrors of Lycanthropy, and unfortunately for Selene, she qualified for supporting this statement, because, for the last nine long years of her life, Selene has and will forever now be a werewolf.

Mr. and Mrs. Vervain tried their very hardest to provide for their daughter, and although the fear still lay deep within their beings, they accepted their daughter and supported her for these nine years. And they promised to continue to do so, until the day they died. Selene had always been their priority in life. Like any parent can understand, child werewolf or not, ─ a child will always come first.

Selene couldn't have asked anything more from her parents. Although her condition only affects her once a month, no mother or father, or guardian can ever be prepared for the attack of a werewolf, which will, in turn, affect their child's life with the same burden for the rest of their days, and Selene liked to think her parents were the most supporting they could possibly be.

"Selene!"

The calling from the bottom of the stairs, the source being her mother, drifted to Selene's ears, awakening her eyes first ─ her body following with its reaction, as she rocketed her torso up off of her pillow, sitting upright.

"Are you up?" Corrina Vervain tried again, in hopes her daughter had taken it upon herself to wake up early enough, such that they would make it to Kings Cross Station in time before the Hogwarts Express left at precisely eleven o'clock. Which she knew Selene would.

Selene Vervain prided herself in her daily schedule. There was nothing more satisfying than fulfilling her day just the way she had planned and had done for the past six weeks. Since it was September first and she didn't have the option to enjoy one extra hour in bed because it was no longer her summer break, her morning routine altered just a little.

Except, however much she enjoyed picking out her clothes for the day, and meeting deadlines for pieces of extra homework that she had set for herself, Selene had slept through her alarm and was officially one hour and twenty-four minutes behind in everything.

She would have liked to have thought that her mother would have taken the liberty of waking her up, but then again, Corrina Vervain was very much aware of how perfectly formulated and neatly arranged Selene made her days, so assuming she was up, could most definitely be excused.