𝐱𝐯. battle scars

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
butterfly's repose — part two
" 𝖇𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊 𝖘𝖈𝖆𝖗𝖘. "

     𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐏𝐎𝐏𝐏𝐘 𝐏𝐎𝐌𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐘'𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐋. It was why she became a nurse. It meant she was the one that had full dictation over who was admitted to her ward and what medicine they were to take. It also meant that when she happened to have two students with lycanthropy in one year group, she was the one that kept a close eye on both of them.

     It was why she proposed the two of them both help out at the hospital wing. Originally, she only planned to ask Selene, as she was aware of the girl's keen eye for healing, alongside another couple of students with a knack for medicine. But then Remus Lupin came into the equation.

     Poppy had planned to keep Selene and Remus away from each other as much as possible when they were under her control in the hospital wing but when Remus Lupin began tidying up after some of the patients leaving the ward during his transformation visits and being a general great helping hand, Poppy felt as though he too would be a valuable asset to the little team she was planning to assemble.

     And everything seemed to fall into place from there. She had seen Remus and Selene engaged in friendly conversation on numerous occasions now and she was well aware that she had no control over who they befriended outside of the hospital wing. And then she realised that why on earth would either of them want their new-found friend to find out about the one thing they hated most about themselves?

     Madam Pomfrey knew full well that when inside that hospital wing when it wasn't a full moon, Selene Vervain and Remus Lupin would distract their teenage minds away from their condition as much as possible. There was no chance either of them would suspect the other was a werewolf like themselves, and Madam Pomfrey could keep a close eye on both of them while they weren't sick, as well. It made odd sense to have Selene and Remus both help her out. It would make her life a lot easier and whenever the full moon came around, should anything go wrong, Selene and Remus would simply assume that the other was in the ward for assistance reasons. Not because they were both soon to be turning into werewolves.