𝐯𝐢𝐢. a wave of rage

CHAPTER SEVEN
butterfly's repose — part one
" 𝖆 𝖜𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖊. "

     𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐄 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐎𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐀 𝐃𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍

𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐄 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐎𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐀 𝐃𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍. The thrill of escaping was fun while it lasted, and Remus Lupin's words of reassurance that they would not get in further trouble after breaking out of detention were useful for about two hours afterward, but even then, they died out by the time she got back to the Ravenclaw tower and into bed. It was sweet of him, and Selene still deems their breakout to be justified in all terms, but she just didn't believe him after a while.

Note to self: never get involved with all four Marauders at once ever again.

But as surprising as it was, Professor McGonagall was no longer on her trail, and half a day later, she hadn't had any further punishment after loopholing her detention. Still, she wasn't going to take her chances, and she had already broken way too many rules, this early on into the school year, for her liking — so no more Marauders. Remus maybe, but even he wasn't a very good influence.

With the full moon looming, Selene was starting to get the effects of it. General sickness, worse moods, tiredness. It was but a week until she would have to face the werewolf version of herself, back at school, for the first time in two months. All she could do was hide her hysteria, and get on with life as if Lycanthropy is a mystery to her.

Stifling a yawn, Selene trudged to the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom, on the other side of the castle from the Ravenclaw tower, already preparing for the day to be a bad one.

She approached the train of students all filing into the classroom — it's a Gryffindor-Ravenclaw mix today — but before she got her chance to slip inside behind her classmate, she was cut off by a bright-eyed James Potter.

He slipped in the doorframe next to her, restricting her access into the room, and to her surprise, flashed a toothy-grin in her direction, as if to apologize, "Mornin' Selene," he chimed.