𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. salt in the wound

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
butterfly's repose — part two
" 𝖘𝖆𝖑𝖙 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉. "

     𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐔𝐒 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐏. It started out with just Dallas and Emery, but the two older students had asked them to mention it to their friends so that they could expand a little. Selene and Remus would be finding out whether Dallas and Emery had done their part at their next group session after lessons had finished for the day ─ exactly one week since the last transformation.

     Selene was recovering okay from the October strain, no better than usual, but nothing worryingly worse. The days seemed longer, slower, especially when it got darker earlier, and the evenings just seemed to drag on.

     By the time it got to the end of the day ─ when Selene and Remus had double Potions to finish off ─ Selene was tired, her back ached, and her head was pounding from where the post-transformation haggardness was weighing on her despite a whole week passing.

     Potions with Slughorn wasn't the worst of lessons to end the day off with, however, and Selene was motivated enough to power through.

     They didn't have assigned seats when it came to practicals, which Selene knew today's lesson would be structured around. You simply walked into the classroom, noted which potion you would be making for the next hour or so and then off you went. They had been studying Rat Tonic ─ a riveting concoction ─ and Selene knew before she even read the board at the front of the class, that that was what they would be brewing.

     Which is why it was a different kind of nice when Remus walked into the classroom, briefly checked over the instructions on the blackboard and then scoured the room for her in particular.

     Selene knew it was her he was looking for when their eyes locked and his dimples popped out and then, having located his target, strode casually over to her, and perched on the stool beside hers.