𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. the spooky season strain

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
butterfly's repose — part two
" 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖕𝖔𝖔𝖐𝖞 𝖘𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖓. "

     𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐁𝐀𝐃

𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐁𝐀𝐃. At least Selene thought so. Bad is a loose term ─ all transformations are bad. But October was Selene's favourite month. The grounds were at their prettiest in the coldest seasons and although she didn't see a lot of them when trapped in her cave deep in the Highlands, the walk to and from, while achy, was stunning.

It was still lonely, still stressful, and still painful, but that was to be expected. Selene was glad the summer season was gone and the colder winds and crunchy leaves were making a return to the Hogwarts Castle in Scotland. When burdened with Lycanthropy, one must find the good in things, and Autumn was her silver lining.

When the nurse appeared from behind the curtain and did her routine checkups, she noticed Selene to be in a better mood than what is usually expected of a girl who had just gone through tremendous pain. Although there were some obvious new scars on her upper left forearm, the amount and intenseness of the cuts weren't nearly as bad as other times she had seen Selene post-transformation, and there was nothing else concerning regarding the girl's health. In fact, Selene wore a smile.

"You seem happy," Madam Pomfrey commented. She took a step away from the bed, checkups complete, just to admire the chipper mood that radiated off of the patient.

"I just love Autumn," Selene shrugged, her smile dimply and nostalgic.

Despite the daunting curtain divider that separated her from the rest of the hospital wing, Selene was blessed to have her usual bed located right in front of a large window. When she turned her head just enough to look past the glass, in a way that didn't bring her pain from all the twisting, she could watch the pretty autumnal picture outside go by.

Pumpkin hues, with cranberry highlights, a canopy of leaves dusting the path so much so you almost couldn't see the gravel beneath. Golden sunlight pierced through bare trees and the cadence of crisp afternoon air and crunching leaves swung through the courtyard harmoniously. She liked having a steaming hot drink beside her, and a cinnamon treat on hand.