𝐢𝐱. sweets and sickness

CHAPTER NINE
butterfly's repose — part one
" 𝖘𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖙𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖐𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖘. "

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

     𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐀𝐁𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐍𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐎 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆. For several reasons. One: she hates missing out on learning opportunities. Two: it doesn't smell the greatest in there. Three: it reminds her too much of pain and trauma and whenever she is in there, it cannot be good. And four: if she did it too much, people would get suspicious and Selene can not have that. 

     But the day before the September strain was painful enough to be deemed absolutely necessary, her muscles achy and her heart in her stomach. The first transformation back at school was always the scariest. She was out of practice almost, struggling to get back into a routine where she covered up her scars and pain to a hundred students. Madam Pomfrey was like a rock at this time of year. So even if it meant missing out on learning how to transform a needle into a pocket watch, Selene needed some extra support to prepare for a transformation of her own.

     The hospital wing was bathed in a cool September glow, with the afternoon twisting into the evening, as the end of the final lesson of the day fast approached. The foul smell of used bandages and old medicine pinched at her nose, as she entered the nursing room, her expression withdrawn, and her strides self-conscious. 

     The giant door creaked signalling her arrival, its height towering over hers, just amplifying her nerves. Selene knew Madam Pomfrey would at least expect a visit from her at some point in the near future, (she was there recently with a headache, but that was just brief) and yet, Selene always got nervous with the first transformation. She felt weak going to Madam Pomfrey prior to the full moon, a hassle even. But Selene knew, as soon as she informed the nurse of the pain in her limbs and the worry in the pit of her stomach the size of a boulder, Madam Pomfrey would comfort her like a child of her own.