𝐢𝐯. reject + reject

CHAPTER FOUR
butterfly's repose — part one
" 𝖗𝖊𝖏𝖊𝖈𝖙 + 𝖗𝖊𝖏𝖊𝖈𝖙. "

     𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐀𝐔𝐋 𝐉𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐘, Selene didn't get any sleep that night

     𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐀𝐔𝐋 𝐉𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐘, Selene didn't get any sleep that night. It seemed that the September strain was inching closer and closer with every passing second — which it technically was — but it seemed to consume Selene's every waking thought. Like an invasive parasite that picked at her brain. She couldn't focus on anything else. And so, it felt like the full moon was only a day away.

     Ignoring the aching need to yawn every few seconds, Selene trudged into Transfiguration, eager to start the school year with a lesson she was fond of.

     Professor McGonagall cleared her throat from the front of the class, "Okay, okay. Settle down please." she raised her voice a little at the "settle" part whilst also glaring at a very noisy, very amused James Potter and Sirius Black. The chatter settled, like a wave — silence falling starting at the back, and finishing at the front row. Selene had barely uttered a word since she arrived. Besides a mute greeting to Peter Pettigrew, of whom uttered a timid reply.

     "Now, as it's your last year, and your final exams are fast approaching," the Professor started again, "Myself and my fellow Professors believe it to be a good idea if you all had some kind of student support, from someone in the same position as yourself. So, you will each have a partner that will act as your study guide, and you the same to them. It goes both ways, to ensure that you can be as much help to them, as they will be to you. We are letting you choose your own partners, but if it gets out of hand, I shall choose them for you at random." she finished, seemingly telling the last segment of her speech to the same two boys that wreaked havoc every other lesson, and caused a scene in between classes.

     Selene didn't see the point behind having a "study buddy" of sorts. Surely, it was more work not only trying to make sure that you yourself stays on track, as well as making sure someone else did too? Not to mention, she hadn't the slightest who she'd ask.