𝐢. corridor collisions

CHAPTER ONE
butterfly's repose  —  part one
" 𝖈𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖉𝖔𝖗 𝖈𝖔𝖑𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘. "

     𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐅 𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐀 𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄

     𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐅 𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐀 𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄. If one were to ever be in such a frightful situation, of which one is faced with the menacing beast, it is pretty difficult not to be petrified. What saddens Selene Vervain the most about transforming into said monster, is that she means no harm, and she never will. And yet, the person on the other end, is unaware of the young and sweet girl inside of her, because that girl is masked behind ominous fangs and yellow beading eyes that would shake one to their cores.

     Becoming a werewolf is not a choice any sane witch or wizard would make in their right mind, because who would ever want to befriend a beast like a werewolf? Selene Vervain blamed her terrible social skills and lonely lunchtimes on the fact that she herself is a werewolf, and no one has the courage to walk up to her and say "hi" because of what she could do when she was one. Selene does in fact know full well that that is not the reason she is friendless, because she is sworn to secrecy, like the rest of the staff at Hogwarts of what she is, and the rest of the student body, are blissfully unaware that there is a werewolf in their midst.

     Well, two actually.

     So, Selene went by her days at school, with her head down, buried in a book, meaning she is to blame for the fact that she is lonesome, because, Selene is terrified. Terrified of what people would think if they knew. Terrified of creating a close enough bond with someone and they, therefore, feel comfortable enough to ask Selene about her scars, so she would then have to lie to probably the one close friend she had made in her lifetime. Or worse yet, not be able to think of a made-up scenario that concealed the truth about her monthly transformations.

     Academic life was about the only thing that did keep Selene sane and allowed her to enjoy at least one aspect of the school environment. Selene always pushed aside the idea that the Professors at Hogwarts took pity on her, and that the only reason she excelled in every class, was because they passed her due to the sympathy vote. Selene was smart, and she worked hard. Besides, that wouldn't be fair on everyone else attending Hogwarts. But to Selene, life was unfair anyway.