𝐢𝐢𝐢. disputes, desserts & david bowie

CHAPTER THREE
butterfly's repose — part one
" 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖕𝖚𝖙𝖊𝖘, 𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖙𝖘 & 𝖉𝖆𝖛𝖎𝖉 𝖇𝖔𝖜𝖎𝖊. "

     𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀 𝐉𝐎𝐋𝐓 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐖, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 of metal against metal, as the train met the tracks, the Hogwarts castle had returned to view, and the year had begun

     Selene made a swift exit off of the bright red caravan, and the cold evening air hit her at first glance.

     Hogsmeade station was always a wonderful place to be. September first may not be Selene's favourite day of the year, and the frightening thoughts of transforming in such a public place of a school haunted her on the good days, but even Selene had to admit there was something enchanting about arriving at Hogsmeade station, before finding a carriage that would carry you away to the magical castle up ahead.

     The torches that lined the platform's edge reflected gold into the black, and the distant stars were starting to shine. Floods of students filed out of the train's rusty doors, and the platform became full of life. A new year at Hogwarts was born.

     As Hagrid led the first years away to the boats, giant lamp in hand, Selene made her way to the carriages that were docked just outside the station.

     Selene never knew what pulled the Hogwarts carriages. She couldn't tell whether that was a good thing or not either. It remained to be a mystery. Maybe it was just magic? More creepy than enchanting, Selene thought to herself.

     On the other side of the station, Sirius Black was arguing his way through a conversation regarding whether 'Magical Mystery Tour' was better written than 'Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club band'. The boy had a thing for The Beatles. Very strong opinions too. It had to be said.

     Sirius was arguing for Mystery Tour.

     "You can't tell me that 'Lovely Rita' is better than 'The Fool on the Hill'," Sirus said, with furrowed brows and a dazed expression, as the four of them threw themselves off of the train's steps and onto the platform's floor. "That's just mental."