ch 2: I shall speak, you will listen

"Ten years..."
strong Omega pheromones filled the entire room. It was stong enough to make most dominant Alphas bow under pressure. All attention shifted to Alistair whose response was highly anticipated by the people. It was unusual for an omega to emit the pheromones of dominance. As much as omegas are swayed by the alphas' pheromones, so are alphas at an omega's pheromones. It was the original Alistair speaking.

"For ten years, have I patiently endured your whims and requests, your complaints and orders and that's all you have to say!?"

The prince flinched at the first angry tone and complain that he recieved  from Alistair who had a a cold and disgusted look directed towards him he couldn't speak another word. Both Alton and the prince were surprised and shocked at this, that Alistair who could patiently bear everything, that feeble and delicate Alistair who never had spoken a harsh word to him was filled with rage and disgust. The noblemen in the room shocked too seeing an omega raise voice against an Alpha.

" Ladies and gentlemen, so long have we enjoyed the annulment drama from the crown prince and dear delicate friend sir Alton, but we I have something special for us to look at"

  With the signal given from two claps one of the five private attendants came forward, he has coarse blue hair tugged finely under a puffy sailor cap. With a glance he removes the cap to reveal two golden yellow coloured horns curving backwards. The knights raised their swords, the mages had activated their chants, all directed towards the trembling demon

   " This is the blue haired demon being talked about, with whom I supposedly cheated with. Or I must say a unique native species of sheep Lorcans. "?
(Lorcans: Beastmen of herbivore ancestry/ Beastmen who evolved from herbivore animals to intelligent species)
At another quick glance he transformed into his beastmen form blue fur sheep and returned back soon into the demi human form. The light magic stone used to identify demons didn't react to him at all, which piqued the interest of everyone in the hall

   "Beastmen of golden horn tribe are native to the Croyan kingdom, since they are often confused with demons, and since their fur and horns fetch a good price, they are hunted and almost massacred to extinction. This tribe even lives under harsh conditions in the present day, most knights and civilians kill them indiscriminately as soon as they see their horns.

The nation is like a mother, and it's the duty of every son and daughter to ensure the stability and immortality that mother. Moreover the heart of every mother breaks to see her children cry in helplessness and sorrow. It's a living nightmare when their children stay silent as one child slays down their other children. Over the years, this tribe has endured scorn and violence, just because they possessed horns- a sign of demonhood, a sign of terror.

Why have all of us been ignorant, and silent over this till now? Are these people less Cryoanian just because they belong to a particular tribe? Are they Any less Cryoanian because they possess their beastman traits?"

"Sincerely, sir Alistair- it seems that we have failed at securing the safety of our own kind, leading them to live a sheltered nomadic life, but I pray thee, helping someone reintegrate into the society, doesn't mean that must you overstep your bounds into adultery"
(That's okay, but why did you cheat on the prince)
a nobleman from the crowds spoke
"Does he have a weird inclination(fetish) for horns?" And the whispers continued

" If acts done with the truest, most Noble intentions can turned into a blot onto a person's character, then gods Know where this nation is headed.

Your majesty, commoners and peasants must be poor but they still are your subjects aren't they? Rising slavery, overtaxation and crime   in the Füsten county must have reached your ears. Your dear friend must have said something about it? 

By the way, This is Alex, one of the few "demons" that I am sponsoring as a patron, isn't that one of my many official duties as a queen? To prove my worth by taking good care of my subjects, if we go back in history many queens had sponsored great talents of commoner background, and Sponsorship requires some sort of interaction on a weekly basis. Are you implying that I am wrong in performing my duty as the crown Princess? Were the previous queens adulterous too? "

      The Crown Prince looked at his "dear friend" with a shocked expression. The dear friend of his, has a "how did you know that?" Expression on his face. Crown prince was all but naïve and had zero interest in things happening in the country. Alistair had to save him from criticism during these moments, but right now he was helpless.

"...Did you hear that? Sir Alistair is helping these Lorcans out"

"...So he was just following his duty as a queen?"

"...  It was not a demon all along? These rare species must be protected."

"So he was faithful all along"

"... This is not much convincing though, didn't he harrass an omega of lower standing?"

The opinions of the people slowly moved in favour of Alistair. But some still had their doubts. What if the light stone fail to react because it was not real? Since he dared to look at other men shouldn't he prove his purity and innocence?

"For those who are still in doubt... The holy priests and honourable temple members in the crowd can check for themselves."

With a small pause, as priests checked and confirmed he continued:-

"A relationship works when parties work together, if only one party gives and does all the job for the other while the other keeps doubting them, it doesn't live long.

While an Alpha fools around and cheats, the omega or the woman must prove to be pious and pure. It is always the omega that must give a proof of their purity and fidelity.

The omega must bend according to the alpha's will and listen to all their demands, and that's why despite the Alpha being unfaithful, the omega is questioned and criticised. All the loyalty, humility and penitence lies with the omega.

My dignity has been torn into shreds, in front of the nation, by the one i swore my entire life to, without a Chance to claim myself.

Nonetheless, I shall not speak further, an omega has the right to get tired too.
His highness wants to cancel the engagement, then so be it.

I, Alistair of Azaleas, accept the annulment,
and I shall have the unbounded freedom to live the rest of my life, according to my wishes as my compensation."

      The arrogant prince silently listened with unbroken concentration. No one could say that "you dare to slander his highness, or  as his speech threw most of them in deep thought". While gross dishonor of the royal family is considered a crime, criticism is still allowed if done through indirect ways.

When an engagement is dissolved in the Croyan kingdom, the dissolving noble must fulfill or guarantee that one thing that the other side asks as a compensation for.
The show was finished as the villain turned tables on the hero, started leaving with his attendants. The trash prince finally said something.

" Wait..."
Pretending to not hear him, Alistair continued walking away

" Alistair Franz, I said wait!"

"With the annulment of our engagement and my compensation, you have lost all rights to stop me"

"Allie, wait..."

"Please don't call me by that name"

He looked as if he had lost a country, as if you had snatched the most important toy from a child. Alistair was not having any of it

"Al.."

The figure soon disappeared into the crowd.