ch 24: He is growing up?

After analyzing my current situation in this world, I can proudly proclaim that I am so f*cked here.

First of all, my pockets have been filled with money. Tons and tons of money making opportunities. To the extent that I am a gold making goose whose existence needs to be kept a secret. With 108k gold only, I have enough money to lavishly feed and sustain 3 generations. Anyone would be happy, but I feel like this is a problem.

I regret counting that inheritance and dungeon loot stash.

Money is what I needed after all, but the starter pack is way too much. So much so, that it exceeds what I planned to do with it. Moreover I don't even have a place to go.

If we look at the fates of all those who had earned a sh*t ton of money, I can ensure you that we are headed for absolute DOOM.

The summer sun tends to be an absolute wrecker in this country of Bahan.
The only good thing is probably how easy it was to bribe the country officials to have a get in.
Moreover no such thing as refreshments exist.

Oh this tragic fate of being reincarnated as a poor omega in a world with little industrialization... But it feels so good, I can't remember the last time I was allowed to go on a vacation like this.

Also there's no Riku here right now. This is the first time that he has asked to go outside and look around this city by himself.
I miss the time when I had to teach him meticulously about every single thing on interacting with the human society like a child. Like an encyclopedia, I taught him the smallest things about beastmen culture and how to differentiate between languages.
How to hold cups, what good food should taste like. The ways you could be poisoned,
How to talk to strangers without beating them up---
yes you read that right. Our impulsive beast man child can't spend a single moment with another person, be it beast or elf without offending them and it progressing into a fight. THE SHEER AMOUNT of supervision and attention I had to give to prevent them is well-- enough to buy a country as big as Japan.

Then we arrived here at Jyarmedi, went to the temple and got some blessings. And he could hold conversations with priests without insulting them. Like a gentleman, he politely says "sorry" After bumping into someone. He can wear shirts and pants himself. AND best of all, HE IS LESS IMPULSIVE AND ANGRY ALL THE TIME.

Look how much energy is being saved. I feel like a mother who saw her child slowly growing up. Even though this is no child, lmao. Glory to the gods I guess!!

I entrusted him with a bit of money to buy stuff and get around, so he can do all the exploring he wants. Moreover you won't believe how long I have been wanting to hear the words.
"You must be so tired after all that dungeon exploring and travel, it's okay if you want to rest now."
THAT BROKE ALL MY EXPECTATIONS. YOU WOULD NOT EXPECT TO HEAR THIS FROM AN ARROGANT BEAST.

How... Just what kind of magic has taken place over this trip?

With much less to worry and care, I drifted to sleep in the warm and cozy bed.

"... uro..a San" Tap tap.
A drop of sound in the ocean of silence and stillness.
"Kuro... A San"
The drops slowly turned themselves into rain.
"KURODA SAN"
the sharp voice of mine that I had once forgotten, carried me back into the room that I met the owner of this body.

Tapping on the glass once again,
It was Alistair.
___________________________________________

RIKU POV.

The world of beasts is cruel and simple. Hunt or starve. Hunt or get hunted. The ones strong enough to outsmart the  system stay alive. The prey animals slowly learned to stay together. The predators learnt to break them apart. The prey learned to arm themselves, the predators learnt to break through the arms.
The one who wins survives. The one who doesn't adapt dies out.

The sacred beasts say that they were the ones ruling the world till the Creator God  made the intelligent. Two equally magnificent beings side by side, fighting and killing each other at times, learning to evolve and adapt. But our race was the one who was winning, refusing to let go of our living. So the gods cursed us with the emotion of love.

Love that created beasts, love that created new races.
Love that made us change sides.
Love that turned us into beings of myth and legend.

The one Refusing to fall to such emotion for thousands of years is I, Riku.

Riku, The clever tiger who lost all his friends one by one to such emotion.
The tiger who was trapped into a golden cage.

Now, living among the very people I hated and adapting according to them. Eating the very things they make, living among their society. The food is much tastier and there's a lot more to think about other than SURVIVING, and there's so much more to do.

With a thousand years of observation, one thought remained. Just what in the world was so special about humans that they survived while we became mythical creatures that live in hiding. Why do most divine beasts kill themselves in order to become human. What's the reason behind so much envy and hatred?I don't resent either. It's just that with a body of the same, I have been thinking about things that I would not even have otherwise. Maybe this is what we lacked?

These tall structures we couldn't make for ourselves,
Or the mutual distrust we had for each other, wanting to lead and refusing to be led.
Some of us were chosen by the creator God before he departed, and became gods themselves.
Others died out.

That's why I think it's better to observe and adapt accordingly, as smart beasts do.

"Big rich brother, please give us some money.." It was exactly four people. Animal-human-elf-demon together... Talk about, unity in diversity. All grown up. I hate it when they interrupt thinking time. AHEDf*ckery needs to stop.

" You mean this gold button? "

" Yes, please! Or.. You know what we can do." Their eyes were sparkling.

"Try taking it from this BIG brother."
It looks like I haven't been a beast for a while.

***************************************

One year,
That's how long I made you wait.
For a new update,
I wish you could forgive-- (┬┬_┬┬)

I mean I had zero ideas till now and tutions and drawing took up most of my time so... Missed everyone so much. I am soo glad you all have still been reading my story, all the good comments you guys leave, I enjoy reading them.

It's your encouragement that made me rethink and start writing again.

Arigatou... 🫶

So, how was the chapter? I am guessing you will have to read again from the start for anything to make sense
(Gommenasai).

Please let me know in the comments.

Will see you again in next chapter.
☆(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*