ch 9: Riku, the sacred beast

White hair, golden eyes, those juicy abs... White hair, golden eyes, those crazy muscles...white hair, golden eyes, that handsome face.... Ahh what the heck am I thinking right now! I had to assign a name to this contracted beast. So white hair... Shiro? Golden eyes...gin? an angel... t
Tenshiro? He was a tiger so...

"What about "Riku"(俐虎: Clever Tiger) as your name"

"Do you think that little four letter name suits such a great being as me?"

"I guess? What's wrong with a four letter name?"

"It's too short and un-beastly, your taste at names is just like you, little pipsqueak"

"Well R-I-K-U,
as if I care about that, Since you decided to follow me everywhere, you might as well adjust to this bad taste. Do ya get it RI-KOO" ಡ ͜ ʖ ಡ

"..."  ತ_ʖತ

His golden eyes started glowing and golden mana started encircling the two of us. I could feel the loss of my internal mana. The contract was now sealed and he now had a proper, living and breathing human form.  I started around to notice a few cracks in the ceiling, guess what? I am so screwed. Even if the town here is full of agriculturalists who don't have anything to do with super advanced and complicated phenomena like these. They wouldn't do anything even if they could feel the impacts. But, The kingdom's soldiers could come soon to launch a full on investigation.

Riku's pov

It was a human! A damn little pipsqueak for a human, and a weak little omega at that. I never knew that I would have fallen so low that I would be helplessly stuck to this weak little omega at that.

Ever since I was thrown into this realm, I don't remember why and who exactly made me come here, but I had been stuck with those of his kind. Everyone just looks the same except the shapes of ears, tails, wings etc, etc, but fight each other like there's no tomorrow. Some want land, some want gold, some want territory and the other's want unending power.    Everyone is just the same, they want same things, but fight like there's no tomorrow.

Settling on a peaceful cave in an uninhabited mountain is more than what you could ask for. Away from all this human-animal-elf-demon f_ckery. They aren't worth the waste of time and attention. The mountain caves are full of Gems, water, mana and food, all that this beast needs to survive. Oh and you can always make ten to twenty barriers which is going to keep those pests away.

I have met a few of my kind. you can tell them by the golden colour of energy that they give out. Most want to be humans out of their love, fear, grief or greed. Some just fetishize a humanoid form like there's nothing else as beautiful( or uglier) than those dumb humans. They know that humans will want the parts of their bodies or put them in those temples for display as they catch them. I simply am not bothered by humans, and I am not as dumb as those sacred- in-name animals who can't feel proud of themselves.

Becoming a human is becoming weak, taking a human form, which can only happen after you die and get reborn is saying goodbye to your present greater self.  You don't fall in love with a greedy lower being who will stab you in the back as soon as they catch you.

I put atleast 20 barriers on the mountains that I live in, and destroy all traces as soon as I leave. That's how you keep pests away, everyday. But one little pest found his way into the barriers and locked me into this book. Then you-- well observe them from afar, as they screw themselves up and rebuild again, which is interesting. No matter how much you hate them. But why do most of them always wear those armours and build those huge towers is a matter of curiosity. Why do you destroy each other if you want to rebuild yourself again?