ch 15: the first floor.

Warning:Slight gore

"the dagger is in your hands, and the opportunity is in front of you... Kill that thing"
  Riku sneered at me with a serious expression on his face, the goblin which I was supposed to kill had been currently roaming about in circles. I don't know sh_t about martial arts, or anything that I can use to protect myself and this guy threw me in front of this other creature, as soon as we came here. My hands are currently trembling as I draw myself closer to this terrifying being. Who knew that a weak goblin could look so terrifying in real life?

Upon arrival, The "first floor" sounds seemingly harmless right? ofcourse, any ex-gamer who had been isekaied and who has or at least thinks that he has miraculous superpowers, definitely would. But I would Highly suggest them to break free from their dreams, because the sh_t that we actually experience here is terribly different from that capitalised and romanticised level up, rule the world bull crap that those generic isekai manga teach you.

The visit to any dungeon's first floor begins with a cliche slide through a dark tunnel, as if you are living Alice in her trip to wonderland. You then fall in the middle of nowhere, if you aren't super lucky like me, you would end up on the ground with a thud, a sharp pain in the b_tt,  it looks like your hand grazed over a pile of mossy rocks but you then turn over (just as in those creepypastas) to notice that you landed near broken remains of a person. So straight out of a horror manga right? That's just the reality for me here. I really hope I could sell her(reality) to someone who really needs it, because it hurts everytime she bites me in the back.

   Speaking of dungeons, food and water here is always sparse, you rarely get water, and those that used to explore these in the past had to consume magic potions out of thirst, which can obviously backfire and cause serious health complications. Just pray that the next monster that you defeat might give off a vial of drinkable water as an item drop, which is even rarer than an ultra rare class artifact. You can always eat some monster meat though, or get eaten, whichever it might be, nevermind the gross taste.  This ruthless douche génie beast pushed me in front of this terrible monster for just that, even though he said that he smelled the presence of approximately ten thousand of these throughout the entire floor.

  This ruthless douche génie beast pushed me in front of this terrible monster for just that, even though he said that he smelled the presence of approximately ten thousand of these throughout the entire floor

**Something like this, but with a club

   if using magic spells was a good option, I would have done that anytime before. There's hundreds, no a ten thousand of these creatures, and you don't want to run out of mana midway. Individual confrontation also results in a better chance of item drops, we don't know how long would these resources last . I rushed closer to the creature with silent steps, but it quickly turned around and swinged his club at me, I dodged it quickly and plunged the knife right into it's chest. The goblin screamed it's lungs out, and dissappeared quickly into dust, leaving behind a plain gold coin, and a healing potion. Soon many more goblins come rushing to the spot, with, bows, arrows, clubs, and staffs.

"Shit!" Riku exclaimed. He dragged me closer to him and draped the both of us in his magic barrier. I was still and too engrossed in grasping just what had just happened with me and the Goblin. I feel my reasoning and conscience collide together in that single moment, I had never felt anything like this. The saddest part is that I soon will have to get used to it, even though I hate fighting. The Gods know what I would be facing out here, or will I make it out alive... Can I even trust him? I don't even know if I will be able to make it out of here... The cafe that I dreamt of setting up seems more and more distant.

"Get yourself together, little pipsqueak! You don't want to die so soon, do you?"
I was pulled out of my thoughts to face the reality in the front of me. I have to either be one of those hated heroines who hide behind the hero's protection in fear or take the weapon and atleast fight for my dreams, my life and decisions on my own.

"So what's the plan?"
"Goblins might look intimidating and strong in hordes, but they are individually cowardly and weak. Their weapons are all primitive and can be easily blocked by a shield They rely on their fragile unity to win wars. Even a basic level fire spell attack can scare the hell out if them"

I lifted my hands in the air to conjure up a new fire spell that I had learnt a few days ago, the grimoire said that it works the best for a good range. The enchantment was long and difficult to pronounce.

Soon, A huge Fire ball spread through the air and various arrows came raining down in all directions, burning down most goblins in its vicinity. The rest started running in different directions and their unity is broken, I felt quite some drain, more than It usually happened after using basic spells.

"was that okay?"

"Who asked you to use such a high level spell in this hellhole?"

"What..?" Was that a high level spell?

"It must have consumed a hell lot of mana, if you run out of mana, then my individual mana will get depleted too. Do you have a death wish? You should have atleast told me which spell you were using." There are times when he is so quiet and observant, in other times, he nags like my sister.

"I..." This is progressing into a fight again. This isn't a place to do that... Calm down..
"ah, I see.."
That was probably a thousandth time that you have said that, dumbass geenie.

The backup of goblins soon arrive, this time a hundred of them rush from all directions, their horde kills the runaway goblins in a single blow.

Riku then uses an illusion spell, you can tell those by the strange dark mauve colour of spell manifestation. Illusion is an extinct branch of magic that has long been wiped out due to the previous world wars. how old-- exactly is this tiger??

The goblins blinded by their fear and anger soon start attacking each other, and the scene is filled with a slight bloodbath, they soon dissappear after they die, leaving behind some coins and basic tools that they had been using. Was this the last of them? A huge pause, the silence was so deafening that I thought that I would  have to cover my ears. The silence was taken over by a sound that reminded of an army of horses running to a single spot.

   Soon more goblins took over to replace the previous horde. They won't let you rest in piece today.

**†********†************†*******†***

Hello again, minna san!

Edit: I noticed the plot hole here after such a long time 🥲 I'm sorry that memory thing must have been really confusing.

A lot of things happened and I had to take a little break... Like how my exams started screaming study on my head, and then, they got cancelled...( How anticlimactic!) 

I also got some time to revisit making art. Which I hadn't done for a few months since the exams were pending. I am sorry for disappearing all of a sudden,  And thank you so much for leaving these lovely comments that you have left in this period, it really helps!(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ❤️

We are currently in the dungeon arc, and this will be a really small subplot to the book, ( I mean none of us like fillers)

Are there any parts that left you feeling unsatisfied, or something that you would like me to change?
Please let me know in the comments below

Thank you so much reading the chapter!

(*˘︶˘*).。*♡