ch 8: Unwanted companion

When humans make contracts with divine/demonic beasts, the bodies of both the parties undergo a change, the human gains a skill and they also gain a tattoo or some other symbols that indicates that the contract has been made. In rare cases, the colour of their irises may also permanently change. The beast also gains a concrete human form and both parties mutually benefit from the pact.  While there can me many types of contracts, like master-servant depending on strengths and weaknesses of both parties. but when both parties are equals and match each other in some specific ways. A contract called: "The promise of companionship" is made.

The promise of companionship is a strong contract that bonds two parties together like marriage. There's a lot of factors on which these similarities come into play while making a contract. The main problem is that most other forms of contracts can be easily nullified, but this marriage-without-divorce of a contract can't be!

The golden colour of mana indicates holiness. Which states that whatever this thing might be--- he is closer to the Gods of this world. Angels, nymphs or druids aren't allowed to come to this realm unless they are kicked out of the heavens, after which, they either die, or they get mortalized into one of the three major races and spend the rest of their lives on the middle realm, till they die. They are also really humanoid, that makes him really unlikely to be one of.

Sacred beasts are like mythical creatures who are almost worshipped by some cultures, for their divine prowess. They can be so powerful that they can save a dying country from war, rejuvenate the nutrition and life on miasma-stricken barren lands. Even a strand of hair is really valuable in this era. Legends say that they can't unfortunately get into a human form due to some curse and have always desire it. That seems unlikely and unholy by his nature, but the most viable option, nonetheless.

     Some good ol' Mage or saint must have sealed him into that book for money and then threw that book somewhere because they couldn't open it. Here I was expecting some ultra- class- high class- legendary spell passed down like an heirloom in the drama family. Turns out, it was this nasty ol' big tiger with such a bruised heart tsundere meathead like countenance.

Time- wasted and never coming back
Dreams of flying solo- crushed
Peace- killed itself a million times a and died a gazillion deaths.

Moreover, this guy would have been dead if he hadn't made a contract with the person who opened the book. The larger the energy and value of the beast stored into the book, the more likeliness of being crushed by this world's counter forces. The lack of politeness while asking someone to save your life... Wow. That's why I don't like Tsunderes and arrogant pups. Children, you gotta be straightforward in this situation.

Am i taking pity on this mannerless beast?- probably.
Do I still need to mention that I never wanted a contract with some stupid geenie beast? Yes.

Internet law on isekai novels 101:
'if you happen to come across any  beast and they become your contracted servant, expect them to stick around for no reason. They might also become hotter and transform into a human.... Make them a member of your harem!'
Neither am I interested in making a harem, nor do I want this law to be real in this world. Please.

    "Human... Human! Don't sleep on the floor."

I was awoken by a voice similar to the beast, but this was more refined like someone actually using their vocal cords, instead of a double voice that just echoes out of mana, which the beasts used to communicate. Praying for the contrary, the first law had already been realised as I saw an ikemen, probably in his twenties, with a gym hunk like body, completely stark naked,
staring at my face with a worried expression. He had shiny golden eyes like those of renowned temple saints, was I seeing the same fella?