ch 17: No big deal, right?

A hundred and something days, a huge growling monster(HGM), and an unknown floor, day by day we get far away from hope and closer to death. With my dagger and some wind and sky magic, I decrease air friction and increase my own speed and momentum to slide a clean cut through its back. The HGM opens in half vaporizes.

All that he has done for these two week is stay sidelined and watch as I cut open these trashters(trash+ monsters). Well on the plus side, it's a great stress buster. Well if you think of it as a VR game... No, their screams can still drive you insane-- the worst part is... this is all way too real.

If I want to say that I miss something... It would be taking the lead and occasionally protesting and fighting back to call bs out. "You are still dependant on him. Just shut up and listen" takes over everytime he gives an order. It feels so genuinely weak and shameful whenever I got saved from death by the same person, due to my own carelessness. This feeling of indebtedness is a burden. Each time, I am reminded by my own circumstances that I am weak and simply don't belong here. He does save me everywhere and everytime... But for how long do I have to do this?

Sometimes it just feels like I should have left everything to him and watched from the sidelines like a weak "omega" in this world is supposed to do. Stay passive and quiet. But when I relook at how far I have come from where I previously was, it would have never been worth it. Atleast I can protect myself now thanks to what I have faced so far.

But what scares me-- is that would I ever be able to go back to the same Kuroda that once lived in Japan and wanted to open a cafe in some faraway place?

Riku pov

What happens when your weak contractor (he is so weak that he might die with a snap) asks you to make him stronger? Do you stir a magic potion and force it into their mouth? Just how in the world are you supposed to train someone?
Best answer: throw them into the danger's mouth and let them figure it out by themselves. Are you thinking "that's so shitty", That's how nature works man. I can teach him spells, show him basic moves, ask him to observe, but self-service folks, humans are too lazy anyways.

I was expecting something like: damn, "I am such a weak human", " how dare you treat an omega like this", etc etc. But surprisingly, nothing of that sort happened. Talk about no fun. He just became a total mutt in these days, wagging his tail around on every order and taking everything so seriously. Like how-- Is he really the same person I came with? The same guy who was so scared that he had to hide behind my back? The same idiot who threw himself into this dungeon? Ask him to kill minions, the order is ready. Ask him to kill monsters, he gonna do it for you.

Omegas are supposed to be weak, tender and fragile. They need to protected. Well seeing my contractor become an exception is kinda-- amazing..? The fact that he became a bit powerful with my involvement makes me feel a bit--proud?

Getting a human form does have a ton of benefits. Like the quantity of food consumed required a hundred times smaller and a lighter body means a ton of agility and flexibility. That amazing feeling of being the strongest. Is that why all of them want a human form? The best part is-- you don't even have to commit suicide in the hopes of being reborn as a human.

Dungeon food is always going to be nasty. Never in my life had I thought of using those bottles and potions on food, just how did he get this idea? I especially thought that food tastes like crap when burned over a fire... But it turned out to be tastier when it was slowly cooked over it. Even adamantite eels which usually taste like crap became the tastiest meal ever recieved.

Speaking of dungeons, it's like my major field of study, like I knew of all this from the start. Most of us beasts and monsters make these in order to keep those four race pests away. When some of us desert them after making, or when the nature makes them, the dungeon slowly becomes a living and breathing creature, trapping all life, parts of time and space and turning it into its minions. Most of the beings thus vaporize into the air after being killed, as the dungeon eats them up and makes more of those from the same material.

Everything that a dungeon consumes is trapped into it's walls, for ever. Unless someone comes and breaks the core. There's also a floor limit that a dungeon can never exceed, otherwise, it would be crushed by the world's forces or Gods.

As the core gets nearer, the dungeon churns stronger monsters to protect it. So I must conserve some energy for that. Basically, he can handle most of the trash anyways.

(Back to)Mc's pov

Should I open the cafe here? Killing monsters has become a stress buster. But it's mentally and physically tiring . It's been ages since I last saw the sun outside, or tasted something sweet. Atleast I would no longer have to feel jealous of gym hunks of my office since I got some *"abs"* of my own. But I am still not making this my career, thank you. If I can handle 8 years of an uninteresting lifeless job, butchering monsters for a few months, years... decades is no big deal... Right? Right?
ಥ╭╮ಥ

Just how long is this hellhole going to be! Oh, Another weird monster down. Another one, and a door again!
It's a new floor.... Again.
But wait? Where are the monsters? Is that glowing ball in the middle, the core?

******************************************
Hello again my honey bun readers!

While our MCs were busy kicking some monster a__ . I was busy covering up some plotholes.
('-﹏-';)

I think I also got way too invested in making Artwork that I ran out of all writing ideas for a while... Gommenasai (。ŏ﹏ŏ)

So... How was the chapter? Are there any parts that you would like me to remove/ add? Please let me know in the comments!

Thank you so much for reading the chapter
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧