ch 11: Cardena city (2)

"human!... Human! Wake up! It's time to rise and shine, the sun has risen."

Riku forced me up because he was accustomed to opening his eyes as the sun rises up in the sky. This world definitely doesn't need a cockerel cooing or an alarm ringing in the morning, you basically have a man beast do that for you. It was basically 6 in the morning, an the sun had just risen up. Like what were you expecting me to do by waking up this early? For some reason he had a bit of excitement in his eyes. His face expressions were basically screaming"where are we going next?" Then again, an early wake up wasn't so bad at all, we just get to leave early. The mage deal was going to be complicated, and getting information out of the information guild was going to be complicated.

Normally in the worlds like these you would expect adventurer guilds and heroes, but those have simply become obsolete and run out of favour. People have different guilds according to their specialized professions, nothing in this world especially needs an adventure to fix things up. People just hire mercernaries if they need a guard, scout or maintenance of law and order. Common populace is not allowed to participate in monster extermination quests or search-the- herb like quests the government and specialized guilds deal them for themselves. The also have a doctor/ healer guilds which only runs for the medical purposes.

The first place was the Cardena mage tower, it had its own floor and section that only deals with magical tools like scrolls and spells. People who are not officially registered with the mage guild aren't allowed to enter the tower itself, however, the tower does run an official shop called the Aisner magic tools, equipments and resources that sells those magic tools created by mages. There are tons of other shops which sell these items too, but the official shop of the Cardena mage tower is the safest place to take goods from.

As we were walking through the streets, I looked at my only to be mentor and bodyguard. Riku was more fascinated as to seeing the sights as to where the roads went, and how different tools were appearing, just like a textbook caveman entering the civilized world. Tsunderes are supposed to be more arrogant and noisy, like " I don't want your help" or " I don't want to come along okay, but since you ask me I will go". Is he even tsundere to begin with? moreover, who the heck made him so buff without any gym/ hardwork/ whatsoever?

"What happened little human! Are I too handsome or good looking that you can't resist my face?" He said that with that arrogant douche smirk on his face. Which made me really cringe, ah! he is just like some textbook manga character!

" I was thinking about something else... Maybe you should stop thinking too highly of yourself sometimes"

And he turned red with embarrassment, he probably wasn't expect that

"A-Are you calling me arrogant?"

"Do I need to state the obvious?"

"This foul-mouthed little pipsqueak! I absolutely detest people like you."
"Who the heck are you calling a "pipsqueak!" you bear sized man child! Why don't you go your seperate ways? I didn't specifically ask you to come along, it was your decision from the start."

"Yes you ARE a pipsqueak. Moreover, I didn't want to come along with you either! It's not like I have a choice, just why did it have..."

"Can you please stop your lovers' quarrel and move forward, you are blocking the path." A stranger lady interrupted the conversation and it looked she was in a hurry.

We responded in unison " we aren't lovers!" And turned red together in embarrassment, like lover as in his lover? First of all, not just any ! Not just any 'man' but a caveman who has just barely seen the civilized world? This busy aunty is thinking way too far ahead!