ch 25: memento mori (1)

"Good Day to see you again, Mr kuroda. May the blessings of  The divine Mother of the twelve seas fall upon you."

I wonder how deep does his love for long, complicated introductions run. I can never get used to such jarring noble lingo.

"Likewise, sweet Alistair! how has life fared for you so far back on my little blue jewel of existence?"
(T/n: oh Same, dear! how have you been? )

The air turned so heavy and tense at once and then both of us burst into a sudden laughter, unable to sustain the serious poeticness of the language.

"Yeah Kuroda-san, even if I was brought up speaking in this manner, I am afraid I'm slowly forgetting my own tongue. Though it's not particularly a bad thing. Everything is so relaxed and convenient here, even if there's no magic. I really appreciate the existence of the internet. I learned a lot of things. "

I never thought I would be hearing this from someone. We really do take internet for granted. Wait a minute-- Relaxed? JAPAN?

"Relaxed!? What about the office?? Do you get scolded?"

"Oh that.. It's a long story,
Basically I dug into the accounts and audit files of the company while I worked, all the while, keeping up the submissive acting. I could smell strong proof of tax evasion, Fraud and involvement in theft. Then I bought some small cameras, slowly planting them around the workplace--
while acting chummy towards seniors who used to grab my- I mean your butt. High society used to be more fake and dangerous, but these people were really obvious.. "

I never expected that I would hear a Hollywood inspired 4D chess spy story. Girl, That's quite the life!! I never expected him to be so crafty and cunning. It seems that the Alistair who departed from here and the one actually living there are decades apart!

"What happened after that? " I'm dying to know what my shitty boss is upto.

"With no significant errors for them to point in my work, I could avoid the nasty boss's suspicion for a while. He was really obsessed with me-- I mean YOU.
I could sense his creepy stares all over me, but I didn't give him much of a chance. Being an omega, I could tell that his attitude towards you must have been partly influenced by lustful desire.
I felt that it would at least be wise to inform your only well-wisher in this world, your sister!"

I guess that illusion of him forcing himself had some roots in reality.
.
. But I really miss Anee-chan. I wish I could have been able to talk more with her. Now I can possibly never even have a chance to even see her again.

"You wouldn't believe the accurate fluency with which she could tell that I wasn't her real brother. After a week worth of fighting, we could finally get a reconciliation."

"How's she doing now? How're my nephews!?"

"She's doing great now and hopes to see you again,
Don't worry, Your nephews are as fine and healthy as they've been."

"I'm really.. Glad to know that." I've been dying to hear that at least they are all okay at this moment.
"You were talking about the workplace right? What happened next?"

"Yeah.. " Alistair could see my the glum expression on my face and first was hesitant to continue, but with a deep breath he continued.

"So I told your sister about what you were going through at the workplace, with all the workplace harrasment proofs. Tears welled up in her eyes and she was determined to bring down the entire company to ruin.
So with her computer skills she created multiple anonymous accounts and started exposing the dirt of the company, little by little.
The storm was slowly fanned as more and more ex employees started coming forward with their horrifying stories. The management had to file for bankruptcy in the end.

I submitted my resignation and applied for a different company. They were quite impressed with my skills and I ended up in a much higher position and a better pay than before.

By the way, I recently purchased an abandoned house in the suburbs. It has a small courtyard, but it's enough to start a garden.

I never knew that life had this much to offer.
Never knew I would forget everything about my own world so easily"

As dumbfounded and bizzare this sounds, his face reveals the happiness that one feels after having accomplished a lot in life. What have I even been doing in my own world till now? It feels like watching a fiction movie with myself as the main character, but someone else took my own place and achieved so much more than I ever could have thought about. Compared to him, I've just been running away from place to place, looking for a better place to settle down.
Being a young man in an older guy's body surely is different. I've just been waiting for retirement and a big pension to feed myself while enduring all that in that sh*thole.
Who would even have known that such a massive company could go bankrupt?

"Btw, how has life been for you here? I got so caught up with myself that I completely forgot to hear your share of answer?"

"Oh umm I... So I...
Sold your dresses to get some cash"

"Not that I needed them anyway. you...what??" I feel like I've shot a bullet through his chest

"And I I'm currently on the run because your damn prince wants me back"

"Tell that Royal b*tch to roll his sp*ne and put his h*** into his a** "

"Excuse me!? " Whoa whoa... Who taught him how to curse that bad. I guess he came into contact with some Americans recently. I think I should probably take some notes.

"That would probably get me executed"

"Yeah... I must have let myself flow into the tide of emotions. That lad has been unable to ever make proper decisions of his own. The king must be behind that decision. He's always had this obsession of making me his son-in-law.
Imagine hearing that the future of your country passes through your womb
All your life, even as an innocent kid."

It's only when you are so away from your abusive environment that you realize how f*cked up it used to be. I can feel his pain and freedom through all of my nerves at this moment. He's really been through a lot, and I'm glad he's out of the attraction that he had for that thing.

***************************************
Author's corner!!

Two years
Two whole years is how long I made you wait for a proper update.

I guess all writing inspiration strikes when I'm undergoing stress. But thanks for bearing with me. Hopefully we can have more of these as y'all probably don't even remember who I am.

If you have any opinions, views, or anything you would like me to change, the comment section always open.

I hope everyone has been doing well.
See you again in the next issue (soon)
(っ'-')╮=͟͟͞͞💌
☆*:. o(≧▽≦)o .:*☆