ch 10: Cardena city

The boat stopped at the wooden dock which was loosely put together. It looked really bad and wobbled all along. It felt as if it could break anytime, the boat experience was equally horrible too. We were finally at the city. The cape had surprisingly lasted long enough for people to not notice anything awry. Especially the fact that I was holding hands and travelling with a naked man.

The trading capital was huge. A booming fantasy mediaeval metropolis with grand sights to see everywhere. The magic tower which soared through the skies, various floating orbs and shops- tons and tons of them. There were all kinds of shops, carts and carriages coming in from nowhere, paved brick roads, compact houses. All sorts of exotic fruits, herbs and previous were gathering in from everywhere. The textbook definition of what you can call a bustling market, not a minute was silent.

The houses were clogged together just like that of the old Victorian era. But the colours were a bit more bright and vivid. People here make colours and dyes using earth magic. Blue and violet pigments which were rarer back on earth are super common here and occur naturally, so much so, that they are known as commoner's taste. However certain shades of colours need to be synthesized by magic spells or by the use of contracted spirits, these dyes go for a higher price.

These trading cities are Directly blessed by the God of trading and commerce, Darius. You can find his statues everywhere. The Cardena Trading city also has the largest number of temples, of the gods of all elements, races and species, excluding the darkness temple of course.

You can see devout people flocking into temples and praying. Other most important thing here: slaves. Demons, after their horns are broken, inferior lorcans and elves of all species are being sold. It feels even disgusting to look at live people having their freedom traded, but I just can't do anything about it. Which makes me even more angry.

It was surprising that a country that hates demons would basically allow them to be used as slaves... Demons without horns are basically cripple, without the ability to use their bloodline/species magic and the slave choker basically prevents all internal mana from manifesting, so they can't use other forms of magic either. As long as people of higher politics and standing can ensure that demons get the worst in this country, they aren't bothered at all. That's what the conservative faction politics is the most about.

*basically this scene with a lot more domesticated beasts, beastmen, colours and vividness

We were met with a huge crowd and were pushing through that terrible lack of space and privacy. People push you and just walk away without apologizing, how rude! The district that I had arrived into was the one that dealt with loads of raw foodstuffs and other perishable items brought in from all different parts of the world. People were rushing through each other and bargaining prices.

It definitely was going to be okay! All that ran through my mind was excuses, in case the Cape falls off, or the strong wind blows away revealing that elephant trunk, we had passed through streets and shops, crowds and it definitely wasn't okay! The Cape still hadn't fallen off, we were just attracting people's uncomfortable stares. I am not into any SM play okay! Just stop! Don't look over here! Why the hell does he give off such a strong **excited** energy, while blushing at the same time... That's-- why are you are indirectly exposing all that I am desperately trying to hide?
ಥ‿ಥ